PDA

View Full Version : Pop-eye

rdub
Sun May 22, 2011, 05:17 PM
Anyone know where I can find a picture of pop-eye from injury?

BigDaddyAdo
Mon May 23, 2011, 01:22 AM
Google....... ;)

rdub
Mon May 23, 2011, 01:52 AM
GOOGLE? Wow.

This is a discus forum. I expected a better answer than that.

Exotic Aquatic
Mon May 23, 2011, 02:41 AM
I think the difficuty lies in the photo. Not many people would have taken a photo or have one handy for pop eye.

If you would like advice on treatment or cause or any other info im sure more than one of the members here will gladly help.

In the meantime i will try to find you a picture from other online recourses.

As for treatments i recommend contacting ILLUSN on this forum, his an absolute expert in fish health and treatment, his one of a kind!

LEG-IT
Mon May 23, 2011, 05:49 AM
could it be cloudy eye instead of pop eye?
I know for a fact that when i net out my fish, the net tends to rub against their eyes, making it milky lol.

As for treatment, this worked for me;
Do water changes of 30-40% or more to ensure there is little to none ammonia, nitrates etc (repeat process every 1-3days)

Bump the temp to 30c or so (this will secure any prospect of white spot or another disease through stress, therefore illuminating any other aspects to worry about and not to mention the temp rise does increase the fish's metabolism)

Then throw in some rocksalt (aquarium salt, pool salt) 1 tablespoon per 40liters should do for scaleless fish and plants i.e. Catfish, loaches etc (per 20liters if you dont have any of the the fish listed or plants) repeat dosage every water change.

If no sign of improvement i'd suggest you quarantine the fish and bath it epsom salts for 10-15mins, this will purge out any fluids and also, this will also purge out anything in its system, worms, feces etc.

If that doesnt work then start to use some meds lol, but i prefer to have no chemicals running in my system.

So generally just keep up the water changes.

Goodluck