PDA

View Full Version : can you feed cherry shrimp

olsen3219
Sun May 22, 2011, 05:51 AM
can you feed cheery shrimp to discus?what are the pro's & con's?

swampy1972
Sun May 22, 2011, 05:57 AM
Like any food, all good in moderation. The best to do it would be to let the shrimp live in the tank and the Discus will pick off what they want and you feed them normally with your normal food.

swifto
Sun May 22, 2011, 06:11 AM
hi,yeh i put a cleaning crew of 100 cherry's in with discus they learnt to clean at night and hide during day,at first the discus would circle around the d/w picking of any that would venture put in to the open .They lasted 6 months now i'm buying 40 for $20.

olsen3219
Sun May 22, 2011, 06:29 AM
thank's swampy & swifto,do i need to worm them ?

Decapper
Sun May 22, 2011, 10:02 AM
I found alot just dead.. Maybe scared to death?

swifto
Sun May 22, 2011, 10:17 AM
hi,cherry seem to go one in all in,meaning one die's they just decide to do amass suicide strange creatures.great snack for discus.

ILLUSN
Sun May 22, 2011, 11:23 AM
Did they die after a water change? Cherrys are very sensitive to changes in water chemistry. I don't do water changes on my shrimp tanks I top up with ro water when it gets 10% lower then full I clean the sponge filters every other week. They make EXCELLENT feeders

Decapper
Sun May 22, 2011, 11:42 AM
Wow... All I have is a 20L tank with one of those little sponge filters that has ceramic noodles also... don't pay much attention to water expect temp and prime... And they breed like flies.

Just when I put them in my discus tank I find them dead under a fake plant here and there..

Maybe I feed my discus too much and they just play with their shrimp

ILLUSN
Sun May 22, 2011, 12:07 PM
i think it was the change in chemistry between tanks but yeah i guess a couple of discus could harass them to death

swampy1972
Mon May 23, 2011, 03:01 AM
I find them dead under a fake plant here and there..

Maybe they prefer real plants :lol:

Exotic Aquatic
Mon May 23, 2011, 05:14 AM
Did they die after a water change? Cherrys are very sensitive to changes in water chemistry. I don't do water changes on my shrimp tanks I top up with ro water when it gets 10% lower then full I clean the sponge filters every other week. They make EXCELLENT feeders

Please let us know if your breeding any S-SSS CRS or CBS, we are looking to make a bulk buy!

ILLUSN
Mon May 23, 2011, 06:21 AM

Please let us know if your breeding any S-SSS CRS or CBS, we are looking to make a bulk buy!

LOL you have no Idea how much my wife HATES fish tanks after our last power bill if i shut down the cherry's I'll move into CRS but i dont think Dea will be too happy with the idea of me starting a new tank, even a tiny little shrimp nano :)

Exotic Aquatic
Mon May 23, 2011, 06:44 AM
ill help fund it if you decide to, ill even send you some KILLER secret stock i have! I just dont have the time or super skills like you. Get rid of the cherries and lets make some more sought after babies!

mistakes r crucial
Tue May 24, 2011, 11:54 AM

LOL you have no Idea how much my wife HATES fish tanks after our last power bill if i shut down the cherry's I'll move into CRS but i dont think Dea will be too happy with the idea of me starting a new tank, even a tiny little shrimp nano :)

Woos lol, I dare you