PDA

View Full Version : Tetracolour bits vs sera red?

LEG-IT
Tue May 17, 2011, 08:51 AM
hey guys,
just wanna see if any members here have used both products; and which one would you recommend?

cheers

swifto
Tue May 17, 2011, 09:25 AM
Hi,use to but now use marlon's wyagu beef heart.It's worth the money .

ILLUSN
Tue May 17, 2011, 10:45 AM
Wyagu beef is desired for it's marbeling and high fat content ( compated to other breeds of beef cattle). I just wondering if the heart of the wyagu cow is still lean? I assume it would be because it's a heart but still it's one of those things that makes me stop and think.

Exotic Aquatic
Tue May 17, 2011, 11:08 AM
i used to make my own beef heart quite often, i have tried all kinds of hearts from ox, to beef, to foul, etc, (turkey is the leanest)

However i must say in my findings NO HEART is lean, there is HUGE wastage if you want only the lean bit.

Most people just cut off the fatty bits from round the heart, dice and blend it. This is when you see the pinky/grey beefheart mix rather than deep rich red as it should be- (the fat is white).

If you really want it lean, you need to slice the heart vertically then lay it flat an unwrap it, it will end up as a huge long inch thick fillet, its much bigger than you thought once its all flat.

Grab the fat at the end, and run your filleting blade parallel to the bench under the fat removing all the sinew and fat layer all the way along, do this for both sides. Theres hardly any meat left- but what's left is lean.

Wagyu beef is fattier and does less exercise. Its also fed fattier foods and sometimes is even massaged while fed beer! (What a life!!!)

horse would be ideal if you can get it (easy in europe, although i have never seen it here) as its a working animal and is lean, plus even after all the butchering I can only imagine it would still be MASSIVE.

In my own experience turkey is great, as is a good normal beef with a LOT of removal. you should be throwing out 50-70% of the heart in most cases (occasionally you'll get a good one and throw out 30-40%)

Exotic Aquatic
Tue May 17, 2011, 11:13 AM
i think jono is more interested in which color food yields better results though.

Jono, i dont use either myself, though from what i hear, i would go for sera any day. Their entire line of foods, over ANY brand- see their site mate, theres a bit of detail there. For instance their catfish chips are fortified with THREE kinds of real natural blended woods, NONE of the other "algae discs" on the market have wood content to my knowledge? check out their products, their really clever- and fish LOVE them.

In any case i think what most people are trying to tell you is that color food alone is no good, you need to give them a varied diet.

Hop this helps.