PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Christchurch!

Munted
Mon May 02, 2011, 08:30 AM
I was given a 130l fish tank about 4 years ago. It came with a blue discus fish, several tetras, neons and a set of very basic instructions.

I have had no end of trouble with the health of the fish and the state of the tank :roll: I have spent far too much time and money traipsing to and from the local pet shop for dubious advice from a pimple faced teenager chewing gum :evil: :evil:

And then I find this website :shock: :shock:

Turns out I am the worst fish owner ever :oops: :oops:

My poor long suffering discus dude has EVERY ILLNESS POSSIBLE!

I have just spent the last five hours reading the advice on this website....and while so much more knowledgable than earlier today, I am OVERWHELMED.

I have no idea where to start, but wish me luck.

P.S My tank survived both earthquakes thanks to my quick moving husband who held onto it while the floor was trying to buck him off :lol:

mitsui
Mon May 02, 2011, 09:52 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum feel free to ask as many questions that you need to we will all try and help as much aa we can, glad you all survived the earth quakes it was horrible

BobbyBruce
Mon May 02, 2011, 12:29 PM
Hi Munted and welcome,

Start with the water first. Make sure that your water parameters are good for your discus. Then look at your filtration and water change regime. If you are in control of those things you should be okay. Do give some consideration to how your tank is set up though, substrate, plants and so on.

I hope the good luck you had during the quakes continues to hold.

Regards,

Bob