PDA

View Full Version : NEW WEBSITE BETA ONLINE NOW!!! tell us what you think?

Exotic Aquatic
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 10:20 AM
gday guys!

new beta website is online now!!!

check it out for us and tell us what you think, feedback appreciated.

Stay tuned for the new custom import list THIS WEEK!!!

Mattzilla
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 11:14 AM
link??

LEG-IT
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 11:24 AM
click adrians signature mat,

looks great adrian! need a dry goods section :D

pb
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 11:28 AM
Looks pretty good adrian keep the good work up mate :wink:

Pb 8-)

Exotic Aquatic
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 01:01 PM
thanks guys!

Dry goods coming THIS WEEK.

will have EHEIM, NLS, ISTA C02 systems and nano c02, HIKARI and more

Ghoti
Tue Apr 26, 2011, 01:05 PM
Generally I like it.

I find the intermediate "strains" discus page detracts a little. Some users having visited your L number or Shrimp page would take the strains page as indicating nothing for sale.

I would suggest that the strains be included at the bottom of your discus page, or as a link from your discus page so that all three section (Discus, L, Shrimp) provide a consistent user experience.

Cheers,
Scott

juicetin
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 01:18 AM
would love a simple price list page that was regularly updated. ie. this is what we have and this is what it costs. the other stuff is pretty but this would be great. doesn't need the fancy fonts or anything. Just text, a link to a picture and a price.

juicetin
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 01:29 AM
and I know about "prices and availability", but its buried inside discus now... just a list that says, hey, these are the discus in stock, these are the angels, these are the catfish, these are the shrimp and these are the flowerhorns.

also would be cool to see some of the "custom" orders people get, in case someone gets something special that we like!

Exotic Aquatic
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 02:48 AM
thanks for your opinions, they are all noted for the final version.

Each section has its own prices, as we have alot of discus info the prices cant be on the same page, BUT the central discus s shadow now has a clear large red tesxt reading PRICES AND AVAILABILITY - this pafe has discus prices and current up to date stock ONLY.

juicetin: our prices and stock are up to date, and always were but you need to refresh your browser or clear your cache to see the changes, most ppl dont have their browsers set to clean on exit etc.

Our next shipment as you all know will be almost entirely custom, a list of availability for your custom orders will be posted shortly, while our farms audit their stock and create for us a list of their best quality fishes. Your patience is appreciated

syxx
Sun May 01, 2011, 08:10 AM
Site is easier to navigate than before, The black background makes the brightly coloured pictures stand out which i also like.

who built it?

I think on products that are out of stock but you will be getting back in stock, such as the CRS it would be beneficial to put approx price. Particularly if your prices are low.

Do you or your web designer know much about SEO? if you would like some help getting free traffic from the search engines give me a call on 0433 981 452

Exotic Aquatic
Sun May 01, 2011, 08:16 AM
gday Ryan,

I built the site myself, im glad you like it.

Apart from the original version of the site, this is the first time ive ever attempted any computer design owrk or website building.

I am using an SEO tool i have DLed.

syxx
Sun May 01, 2011, 10:00 AM
No probs hope to talk again soon