PDA

View Full Version : finally

dapostle
Mon Apr 18, 2011, 08:04 AM
Well its been a long time coming. They either ate the eggs or the wrigglers (mainly ate them), or the fry began to die off one at a time.
I want to say thanks to those that share their experiences on this forum because gill fluke and those that explained it (Merrilyn), saved a bunch of around 70, so thanks all. It is amazing how the medication just kicked in almost as if by looking at them they were becoming ok. If you want to veiw them here is a link 4 weeks old and eating like little piglets...
Not sure if it loaded so added link to photo bucket...

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh86/dapostle/?action=view¤t=4weeks.mp4
Thanks again

scoob
Mon Apr 18, 2011, 09:04 AM
They are looking good David, very active juvies.

Cheers
Mike

Exotic Aquatic
Mon Apr 18, 2011, 01:10 PM
REALLY nice David, Congrats man!!! So happy for you!

Keep us updated yeah?

Kindest Regards (and thanks for the vid)

Adrian.

dapostle
Thu Apr 21, 2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the replys, but thanks really goes to you guys for the help getting over that hurdle. But they are growing well and active. Just keep eating...

dapostle
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 12:23 PM
Well maybe spoke to soon. It is not looking good. went in and found all the little puppies huddled in a corner, checked tank for amonia and there was a little spike. Did a heap of water change (only38ltr raising tank), but waited till next morning but still no change so I moved them into a 4x2x2, with a few brown juvies, no real change as yet. I hope they pull through, have lost about 10 so far...bummer...

dapostle
Sun May 01, 2011, 08:10 AM
Well over half lost, but managed to keep the rest..all good once again..they seem to be a lot better in the bigger tank...I must admit I do not like small tanks, to risky, water changes so quickly.
If I didn't happen to go in the room, I reckon they would have all passed, a bigger tank is a lot more forgiving...
Anyways all good have around the 25 juvies, the parents look like they may be about due again. They had spawned once but the male didn't do his job, so they were lunch...
regards all.