PDA

View Full Version : WTB Pterophyllum scalare

enigmatic
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 08:01 AM
Hi,

I'm interested in getting a couple of these fish. Wondering if anyone has any for sale or could point me to a good LFS that I could get from?

I'm on NSW Central Coast.

Cheers,

Chris

Exotic Aquatic
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 10:17 AM
angel fish, found in any lfs.

THere are a heap of varieties, have some fun with it, they are great to collect and mostly cheapish so you should be able to grab a few different varieties!

enigmatic
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 11:50 AM
Angel Fish

Hi,

Yes, Angel Fish. Can't edit subject after posting.

I've exhausted the options of the LFS near me. The best I've found are missing fins. Have posted in the Angel Fish forum as to whether I should buy - do kissing fins grow back?

I'm after something like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kubina/131667858/in/photostream/

Or for other names:
Silver Zebra
Gold Pearlscale Angelfish
Silver veil tail
Marble veil tail

I'm happy to travel a bit to get good quality fish at a decent price. Have done same before with Discus as options on coast are very poor.

Not having much joy locally hence this question. Thinking of trying Asquith/Epping perhaps unless anyone can help/give pointers?

Cheers,

Chris

Exotic Aquatic
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 12:01 PM
they are all different fish mate, the particular ones you posted are Altum angels, the biggest and most expensive of them all. sart with something more basic. I suggest contacting ILLUSN or Mattzilla in the angel section of this forum.

Those guys know their stuff, they will give great advice and point you in the direction of some good starter stock!

Goodluck mate.
Let me know if i can help further.

Kindest Regards
Adrian.

enigmatic
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 12:58 PM
Not like me at all to pick the most expensive ones ;-) Long term aspiration but wife will probably divorce me.

ILLUSN and Mattzilla both replied to my question so will stay away from LFS stock.

Thanks for you help Adrian.

Cheers,

Chris

Exotic Aquatic
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 01:06 PM
pleasure to help Chris!

I knew they would be the guys to ask, their very knowledgable good blokes!

Good luck with your search, send me pics some time!

Kindest Regards,
Adrian.

Mattzilla
Mon Apr 18, 2011, 12:42 AM
I've only just started breeding angels again so will have some ready for sale in about 3 months

Should have koi, blue zebras and marble veil tails

Mattzilla
Mon Apr 18, 2011, 12:44 AM
Oh I can recommend st George aquarium at rockdale in the mean time

I recently bought some koi and marble veil tails there. The koi paired and spawn in my quarantine tank after 3 days!

Great quality fish and very reasonable priced

ILLUSN
Mon Apr 18, 2011, 12:45 AM
depending on what your after i might be able to help I've got a batch of siler zebras about 4 weeks off sale will try and get photos up, if you want wildtype silvers shoot a pm off to mrwild (Kath) she has some excellent breeding stock

Mr Wild
Mon Apr 18, 2011, 12:49 AM
HAHA I wonder how you know that Jothy!

enigmatic
Sat Apr 23, 2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I went back to the LFS that had the Angels with missing fins and finally got to talk to someone after waiting ages.

They said they could get some more stock in that were hopefully undamaged. Took my details but never got back to me.

In the end, I've been down to Aquariums @Asquith on the search for Angels but came back with some very nice Discus so will put Angels on hold until I've run up and cycled a tank they can go into.

Cheers,

Chris