PDA

View Full Version : EA CUSTOM IMPORTS- YOU DECIDE! BRINGING YOU WHAT YOU WANT :D

Exotic Aquatic
Thu Apr 14, 2011, 11:05 PM
Hey guys and girls,

We still have about a week left with this shipment, but i thought i would get your feedback on a concept i had in mind....custom imports!

The idea is, you tell us what you want, and we get it!

Ever had a fish you've seen online or overseas while traveling and thought...why cant we get fish like that at home?!?

We're here to sort that out.

Obviously we can only get what our supplier farms, but we're lucky that luckily Lucky Tropical is the biggest and best the famous discus town of Penang has to offer!

When Lucky's owner/founder (Lawrence Soon) gets back from his trip to China next week we can nut out together a formidable list of massive proportions!- Among which will be MANY things this country has never seen nor heard of! Lawrence is committed to bringing this country up to asian and us standard, like us he was astounded by what we were working with here as discus hobbyists- he really couldnt believe it!!!

So, heres the deal, let me know if you support the idea below.

Then once i post the list and some pics let me know what you would like and how many of each, we will also need a deposit for custom orders.

Never fear we will still have our regular online sales going as well- however to be fair numbers of most custom order fish will be limited to what the customers pre-order.

This is an Australian 1st! no one else can offer this right now for multitude of reasons.

This may shape up to be good fun!

KINDEST REGARDS,
EA Team
Adrian & Ravi

Trying to change the discus world, 1 tank at a time.

Exotic Aquatic
Thu Apr 14, 2011, 11:07 PM
custom inport shipment is calendarised for early-mid MAY :D- we dont muck around

m.ingram
Fri Apr 15, 2011, 01:19 AM
Great idea . Wish i had more room in my tank otherwise i would be the first to place an order .

ILLUSN
Fri Apr 15, 2011, 01:52 AM
you wouldn't be able to find any Alutum's in your supplier farm would you?

lizhe1985
Fri Apr 15, 2011, 03:43 AM
is this ravi and the one from aquatic escape the same ravi?

Exotic Aquatic
Fri Apr 15, 2011, 04:29 AM
ILLUSN if you mean Altum angels, i already have them:D

Want some shipped with your current order?

Exotic Aquatic
Fri Apr 15, 2011, 04:34 AM
is this ravi and the one from aquatic escape the same ravi?

This is Adrian, but yes Ravi is my business partner (from aquatic escape), however i mainly run operations at exotic aquatic, our stocks are also different as we obviously dont compete with each other... However we are opening another staore (concept store/gallery/retail outlet) in Carnegie- its shaping up to be quite nice and posh looking! This store will stock everything thats on the exotic website and more.

lizhe1985
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 12:31 AM
How much would it cost for that classic blue turqs on lucky tropical website?

Exotic Aquatic
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 02:07 AM
Hi,

THanks for your enquiry.
Please direct all questions to orders@exoticaquatic.com.au so i am better equipped to provide the high level of customer service EA prides itself on!

As i said earlier our beloved supplier Lawrence is away in China right now, never fear he is returning soon (pardon the pun, "Lawrence Soon")

I will be posting a list in the next week.

Our prices of course will always remain among the best in the market place as you are buying from the most direct route possible, we import from the multi award wining Lucky farms in Malaysia DIRECT TO YOU, no middle man or extra mark up... Our quality speaks for itself.

I know how excitied you all are and thank you for your enthusiasm- as always even with the overload of emails, they are all answered at lightning speed!
Please bare with us while we await Lawrences return!

Thanking you all for your support,
Heart- EA

jason1989
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 12:24 PM
hay mate are we talking only discus here?.. any chance of getting whiptail or pleco from overseas? thanks bro

Exotic Aquatic
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 01:09 PM
lol gday jason, how are the plecs going?

unfortunately L numbers are illegal to import and we would never risk our livelihoods on such a thing....
....Thankfully there are some AWESOME local hobbyists who breed many of the L varieties right here in Australia.

Thanks to their hard work we will have a list of 5-10 different L varieties in the coming weeks!!!!

Not to worry, as i promised you will not be forgotten mate ill keep you right up to speed:D

Kindest Regards,
Adrian.

huyey
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 10:32 PM
You are definitely raising the bar here Adrian. Getting the fish we want has been very difficult here in OZ in the past, the LFS only imports fish that can sell easily and we dont get the exotics that other countries are getting. I am looking forward to seeing the list.

Exotic Aquatic
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks Huy!!

How are the fish mate?

We are really excited about this too!!!

I feel like im a part of something pretty damn cool.

Who knows we may even succeed in bringing Australia up to international standard in this hobby?!?

- warmest wishes,
Adrian.

huyey
Sat Apr 16, 2011, 10:57 PM
It was a rain soaked day in Sydney yesterday but I braved the rain to drive to the airport to pick up the fish. There was another scare on the motorway as there was an accident on the way back and I didnt want to get stuck in a traffic jam with valuable fish.

I have never bought any discus interstate before and was worried about the process. However the fish was packaged really well and after a few minutes of acclimatising, they were up and ready to be placed into my tank.

Fish are doing really well and look so good in my tank. I was suprise they have already started eating this morning especially so soon after their flight. Really love the albino leopard, very nice patterns on his body, wished I bought two instead of the one.

Thanks for the lovely fish mate.

Regards,
Huy

Exotic Aquatic
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 10:00 AM
Great to hear Huy!!!

Thanks so much for being such a great guy to deal with!!! call anytime man, i really enjoyed our chats:D

Cant wait for the next shipment! no one will be able to get most of what we are hoping you guys will choose from all the stock available through all of Lucky Tropicals several farms across Penang, the discus capitol of the WORLD!

I have asked Lawrence to only list the most impressive and perfectly shaped fish he has available, so you guys will have access to the BEST the world has on sale right now.

Rest assured our second failsafe, we will simply bare the expense of any fish deemed unworthy of our branding on arrival. We just wont sell it! Costly for us, and especially at our prices, but quality is too important to compromise right?

sorry, im rambling, im PUMPED!

luckytropical
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 03:27 PM
Ok,i am back,i will take the actual individual photo and place in my quaranteen farm(which is about 100 tank). And wait all of you guys select and place the order .Then ship it to my partner ,Adrian and Ravi.

Exotic Aquatic
Sun Apr 17, 2011, 11:39 PM
Hey Lawrence!!!

Thanks for visiting us here at DF :D

Hope the trip wasnt too strenuous?

Looking forward to more of your top shelf stock, exciting times we live in!!!!!

Please get in touch with one of us regarding availability, and sizing and we can create a list together for Australia to select from.

You should probably unpack first! :D

Kindest Regards,
Adrian.

syxx
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 09:41 AM
Sounds like a damn good idea. hopefully you will still be doing this late this year or early next year, I'm moving to Queensland so that i can keep more fish :)

Exotic Aquatic
Fri Apr 22, 2011, 09:58 AM
thanks syxx, never fear we are here to stay!
look forward to helping you then