PDA

View Full Version : new kid

ecc.oldlady
Mon Mar 22, 2004, 06:08 AM
hi to all

i have been a watcher for a while with nothing much new to add.
i have 2 twinkle spots, 2 green lasers, 1 blue turq. 1 pidgeon blood in a community 4 foot tank with 10 neons , 3 bristle nose catfish, and 1 dwarf gourami, and in a breeding set up 2 golden scorpions and am now the proud owner of between 150 - 200 wrigglers about to do some free swimming.

so now i have something to talk about!!!!

michelle

flukes
Mon Mar 22, 2004, 06:14 AM
Hey michelle,
well congrats on the new additions. Might be a stupid question but what is a twinle spots and lasers??? never heard or seen of them, you go pics of them?? also where abouts you located??

Cheers
Scott

ecc.oldlady
Mon Mar 22, 2004, 09:33 AM
Sorry having a lot of trouble with taking photos. Too much flash or not enough light, anyway, twinkle spots look like red ruby, they have a blue background with red spots and inside the red spot is another blue spot , apparently mine are still young. A green laser is just a very plain greeny blue, and at the moment mine are recovering from too much stress from being in the community tank with my golden scorpions which were just big bullies. I have only had my lasers a short while and they have had some illness recently and they are still fattening up again.

Michelle

flukes
Mon Mar 22, 2004, 10:08 AM
ahhh ok i love the red ruby's, can i ask where you got them from??

Cheers
Scott

kevkoi
Mon Mar 22, 2004, 11:07 AM
Errr... your 'Red Ruby' isn't one of these is it??

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=70

Damn, I hate all these bloody names.... :lol:

kev

flukes
Mon Mar 22, 2004, 11:22 AM
aint that circle in circle, red ruby is like a light red with a dark red as dots.

flukes
Mon Mar 22, 2004, 11:35 AM
http://63.171.31.153/attachments/div.JPG
Pics from someone on DAAH.

kevkoi
Mon Mar 22, 2004, 12:50 PM
Looks to me like a Red Snakeskin..... :?
Not fond of all these bloody names. Next topic on discussion.... all the fancy names.

kev

AdelaideAnt
Mon Mar 22, 2004, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the forum Michelle 8)

Anthony 8)

ecc.oldlady
Tue Mar 23, 2004, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the welcome

My twinkle spot looks slightly brighter blue background colour and the inner blue spot has not developed yet as they are still only young. I got them from my local produce store which has an aquarium supplier in it who has a special interst in discus. Lucky me 1km down the road.

any tips on how to take photos. I have a 2 mp digital but the only good ones are too big to send, and the lower quality are no good .

Michelle

flukes
Tue Mar 23, 2004, 04:35 AM
its like the VR's (violet reflections) ive seen some of these and i cant believe some of the prices people are paying!! Although ive seen some that actaully look violet most look like a blue diamond with the turq patterns on the face, i recon if my blue diamond and red SSS paired up i could call the spawn violet reflections and no body would know. (cept this forum) Shhhh!
Yeah iam a bit sick of the names too, but when you came out with bunga rays i was like WHAT?? ohhhh super red melons.. first time id heard it.

Proteus
Tue Mar 23, 2004, 05:29 AM
Welcome Michelle... (from a very cold and wet Aussie in NZ)

Glad you finally found something to talk about...

:wink:

Annie
Tue Mar 23, 2004, 06:57 AM
Welcome to our happy home...DF is a woderful palce to be...

tennhound
Tue Mar 23, 2004, 12:48 PM
Michelle welcome to DF and can't wait to see pic.

MARIE

luvfishies
Wed Mar 24, 2004, 03:28 AM
Michelle, welcome!

**anxiously awaiting pictures**

ecc.oldlady
Wed Mar 24, 2004, 12:26 PM
seriously need help with posting pictures.

after i save to my desktop they increase to 210 kb...too big .
how do I reduce them???

michelle

Essayons89
Sun Mar 28, 2004, 09:51 PM
Hi Michelle and welcome!

Bryan

Proteus
Sun Mar 28, 2004, 10:22 PM
Michelle... I re-sized your image and added it...

Your image was in .BMP format which is kind of a chunky file compared to .JPG & .GIF

:wink:

ecc.oldlady
Mon Mar 29, 2004, 07:46 AM
Thanks Proteus

I am definately still on "L" plates.

Michelle

Proteus
Mon Mar 29, 2004, 07:52 AM
NP...

If ever you have any issues like that, just send me a PM and I will give you a hand...

:D

kevkoi
Mon Mar 29, 2004, 10:52 AM
Michelle,
Nice Pigeon snakeskin (Is it a snakeskin? The one on the right sure looks like its got snakeskin in it.) there u have. :)

kev

ecc.oldlady
Mon Mar 29, 2004, 11:53 PM
They are golden scorpions

Michelle

ecc.oldlady
Mon Mar 29, 2004, 11:59 PM
here is another one . Crystals sister, not owned by me.

Michelle

Mattzilla
Tue Mar 30, 2004, 01:10 AM
hi michelle...good to see you here

(i've seen you on simple....)

still having trouble posting pics are you?? good luck

matt

Cichlids_Rule
Mon Apr 12, 2004, 02:32 AM
Hi welcome to DF

jluna
Mon Apr 12, 2004, 07:20 AM
hi there michelle - i'm really glad that someone else on here names their fish - i was feeling a tad anthropomorphic!! but they just have such character, i don't know how people don't name them (depending on how many you keep, i suppose!!!) :D

justin