PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy tank, stand and hood in Brisbane

axl
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 10:29 AM
Hi Guys,
got a mate who lives in Brisbane and wants to buy a 5x2x2 tank, stand and hood. Where is the best place to get a good deal on this. Can someone give me some contacts to call. That would be appreciated please pm me or post some details om where to buy some good quality gear.

Cheers Axl

jim from sydney
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 11:44 PM
Hi Axl

I buy a bit from these guys. On-line and next day delivery You can phone and talk to them first if you like. Tell them you belong to the forum and that I recommended them to you. It all helps.
ring 07 3800 5592

try their web site
www.aquariumproducts.com

PS dont buy a used tank from any-one often when moved around leaks may occur and they are not worth having.

axl
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 09:50 AM
rang them yesterday and they want $2200 for 5x2x2 with stand, hood, filters etc. Im after a raw pine stand, hood and 5 x2x2 tank. Anyone else got any contacts??????

Ghoti
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 01:10 PM
Don't wish tell you how to suck eggs, still, surely it depends on which filter, what lights etc.

e.g.
Eheim filter for that tank, new, possibly $800.
Fluval possibly $600.
No-name ebay special, $75.

All are filters, the prices vary wildly (and so does the quality). I have been very happy with my Otto filter which I've had for over 15 years, will run that tank well, and is $149 on that site.

Perhaps if you listed the brands and models you could shop around the internet comparisons then negotiate a fair price with a local supplier.

Cheers,
Scott

axl
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 11:10 PM
mate thanks for the advice, but i have been keeping discus for years now and know whats going on. I just need a contact for a tank, cabinet and hood then were going to run eheims for filters. it needs to be raw pine and i know i can buy a good tank,cabinet and hood in melbourne for $700 to $800.

ILLUSN
Wed Mar 23, 2011, 01:05 AM
Keep on topic please, the OP is after a 5x2x2 tank raw pine cabinet and raw pine hood, not a pre fab cabinet, not a complete package (light filter heater etc) if any knows of any decent local brisbane shops that could halp out please feel free to post.

For such a package i'd concider anything over $850 to be unreasonable.

Exotic Aquatic
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 12:31 AM
i would recommend doing a quick yellow pages search for aquarium builders/aquarium wholesale in Bris, if you have an abn (doesnt have to be fish related) you can buy direct! Might also be worth contacting a few glaziers around you and asking for your dimensions in 10mm and 12mm thickness quotes ( i believe 10 is enough for this size). Be sure to mention it must use aquarium specific silicon or non acidicure silicon. The aquarium stuff is available in bunnings, there is also a 1080 product that is commonly used- be sure it does not have any mould resistant chems in it. Most will state if safe for aquarium use. Allow a minimum 7 day dry time, more in cool/wet weather (up to 14 days). I know QLD is super expensive, would be happy to help alas im in Melbourne!

I hope i've been some what helpful.

Kind Regards,
Exotic Aquatic