PDA

View Full Version : Discus with eggs

keitht
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 11:44 AM
Two of my discus have paired up and the female has laidd eggs on the water filtration pipe (out). I have two other discus in the tank plus corys need a plan if the eggs start to hatch - I know this is a long shot, but would welcome any suggestions.

Mr Wild
Sun Mar 06, 2011, 12:19 PM
Get a piece of foam big enough to act like a barrier to keep all the others away from that end.

Try to get white or something light in colour as discus fry will attach to anything dark.

You can even make a filter out of it by pushing a knife down into the foam and placing an airstone in there.

HTH

keitht
Mon Mar 07, 2011, 10:18 AM
Some eggs turning white about 5% just a few last night and then more this morning, discus not removing them.

Keith

keitht
Tue Mar 08, 2011, 10:12 AM
About 20 eggs hatched and drop down onto the top of filter strainer at the bottom of the pipe , I tried disconnect at the joint the pipe jolted and they gone looked around the tank odd one or two on the bogwood will any survive after being dislodged, I made a pigs ear of that attempt to help !

goodoo
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 12:34 AM
God loves a someone who trys. This is only going to end in heartache. Get them there own tank and the fun starts.

keitht
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 09:27 AM
I would like to stop them from breeding, they are only 4.5" and only about 6 mth old, and I want build them up and get them to a good size 7 or 8 inches so what’s the way to achieve this.

Keith

Mr Wild
Wed Mar 09, 2011, 11:38 AM
Seperate them then feed them up if you have others you could put males together and females together etc.