PDA

View Full Version : I am up at 2 in the morning because....

goodoo
Wed Feb 16, 2011, 04:22 PM
I am an idiot. Heard a banging noise. Got up to check for punks trashing my s%#t. Smelt smoke. Then I remembered that I spilt some water whilst cleaning my filters, and could see sparks. Water in my power board. Woops, could of been worse. lucky or stupid a bit of both. had to use the power board from the hospital tank. Man work tomorrow. that sucks. I am to awake now. Think I might relocate my power board.

karisdiscus
Wed Feb 16, 2011, 06:42 PM
You are lucky it woke you up! It could have been a lot worse!!

lpiasente
Wed Feb 16, 2011, 09:19 PM
:shock: yes many a fire is started like that. A friend on mine is a fire figher in Geelong and when he came to my house that was one of the first things he said.......mmmm sooo many fish tanks potential fire starter there. Lucky you woke up

Ghoti
Wed Feb 16, 2011, 09:53 PM
Pardon the pun :lol:

That reminds me. When I got the new cabinet I had intended to fix the power boards to the top so water couldn't spill in them. I had forgotten all about it. Good job for tonight I reckon!

Cheers,
Scott

goodoo
Wed Feb 16, 2011, 11:30 PM
I knew I had spilt water, should of checked the board. Working on fish tanks when tired is dangerous. It all started when I accidently turned of my 2217, which means you have to pull the top of and put the impeller back together. so I thought why im here I might aswell clean it and the fluval. And while I did it I dropped the hose and water went everywhere.

BobbyBruce
Wed Feb 16, 2011, 11:45 PM
Hi Goodoo,

I am glad you actually got up at 2 rather than 3 as you may well have fried several things with an extra hour on the "electrical cooker".

Hope that all your gear is still operational.

Regards,

Bob

goodoo
Thu Feb 17, 2011, 12:45 AM
It must of been running like that for a while. I hope I didnt kill anything.