PDA

View Full Version : WTB Discus, NSW Central Coast

clarkey
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 09:42 AM
Hi All,
I recently found this site and have been busily reading everything since. I have set up a 6 x 18 x 20 and I am after some discus after not keeping them for some 19yrs (lots of changes since then from the reading I have been doing, not to mention the colours). I am after anyone on the NSW Central Coast (Gosford) who may have some Juvi Discus for sale. I am not interested in pay the $75+ for stunted and peppered fish some of the local fish shops are trying to sell me so any help would be appreciated. Looking for red/blue turks and any of the blue colours.

Thanks

Jason

boxters
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 09:59 AM
Jason take a look at our website www.marlonsdiscus.com.au

I have many people from the coast that get fish from me. If I can be of any help please feel free to ask

clarkey
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 10:21 AM
Mate I have had look at your website and you definately have some beautiful fish, unfortunately just not what I want for this initial tank. No doubt I will end up with more tanks (I had 23 tanks running last time I had fish) and maybe even a large fish room, if that is the case you will be getting sick of me coming down there getting things off you. I will keep an eye on your site (I do most days anyway) for colours I like.

boxters
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 11:12 AM
What exactly are you after

clarkey
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 11:54 AM
6-8cm blue/red turqs and maybe something like blue diamonds/solid blues

boxters
Sat Feb 12, 2011, 01:05 PM
I have all of the above available

paulj
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 12:52 AM
:!: :!: :!: I could not agree more the price of Discus on the Central Coast is way out of proportion to the miserable quality available. Over the last twelve months I have been phasing out my current discus and changing over to ones supplied by Marlon. The only other source of Discus that is reasonable close to the coast is Asquith Aquariums.

If you are just restating can I suggest that you start with the 8-9cm discus although they cost more the larger size means that you know what you are buying. The smaller discus do not always turn out as you expect especially the 5-6cm red melons as they can lose the central red colour.

If you wish to see some of Marlons discus I have purchased please pm and I will arrange to show you. I live at Wyoming. :D

clarkey
Sun Feb 13, 2011, 03:37 AM
Thanks mate I will pm you shortly. I am at Narara so nice and close.