PDA

View Full Version : why it so hard to get veiltails angels in sydney!!?!?

jinny7
Sat Jan 29, 2011, 01:05 PM
I been watching petlink for 1month+ and called petshops... no1 has em for sale

wtb wtb wtb!! .. any1 have any!?!?!

Mr Wild
Sat Jan 29, 2011, 02:30 PM
Try Mattzilla!

Mattzilla
Sun Jan 30, 2011, 06:11 AM
sorry got none right now

ILLUSN
Sun Jan 30, 2011, 10:22 AM
How many and what color?

jinny7
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 09:47 AM
How many and what color?

I'm after a range of colours if possible. And enough for a 3ft tank.
Just as long as theyre the veiltail with the long long fins!

One petshop said they might get em in in 2 weeks time.

jinny7
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 09:52 AM
sorry got none right now

Thanks anyways.

ILLUSN
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 11:21 AM
I'll ask around for you i know a breder who deals in "premium" amgels and has a variety of veiltails, not sure if he sells to the public or not but it never hurts to ask i think 6-8 would look nice in a 3 footer.

the reason veiltails are rarer is that they grow slower, the longer fins make it hard for them to compete for food, with the short fin wildtypes, also if you get 2 doses of the veiltail gene the fry usually die so you cross a veil with a non veil and only get 50% veiltail fry.

pignoselover
Mon Jan 31, 2011, 11:26 AM
try trans at canly vale he imports all his fish and i have seen those angles there a few times.

jinny7
Tue Feb 01, 2011, 06:41 AM
I'll ask around for you i know a breder who deals in "premium" amgels and has a variety of veiltails, not sure if he sells to the public or not but it never hurts to ask i think 6-8 would look nice in a 3 footer.
sweeeeeet!!!!

the reason veiltails are rarer is that they grow slower, the longer fins make it hard for them to compete for food, with the short fin wildtypes, also if you get 2 doses of the veiltail gene the fry usually die so you cross a veil with a non veil and only get 50% veiltail fry.

ahh i didnt know about the competing thing.. im already having trouble breeding my regular finned ones, only 20-30 survive from a batch of 800 eggs!! x.x

try trans at canly vale he imports all his fish and i have seen those angles there a few times.
oh coolies ill give em a call too

jinny7
Thu Feb 03, 2011, 02:44 AM
Just tried Trans aquariums, they said none either, and they might get em in the next shipment of stock in 3months time!! x.x

jinny7
Tue Feb 08, 2011, 10:26 AM
update.. called about 10 more petshops and only 1 had em, but last 2, and not very big ones either... beats nothing i guess..

jinny7
Fri Feb 11, 2011, 07:39 AM
gosh this is getting out of hand. its been two weeks now and i called that petshop that said have em in ''2weeks time'' and now they say ''very hard to get them''.

this is ridiculous.. for such a common gene in many angel types one would think its easy to get...............

//pulls hair

Nic
Mon May 23, 2011, 11:01 AM
Im struggling to find them too...in Launceston Tas. There used to be a great breeder i went to but unfortunately they shut down :(

Mattzilla
Wed May 25, 2011, 11:16 PM
i have some top quality koi and marbel veitails growing out right now. will be availalbe in about 2 months

Mattzilla
Wed May 25, 2011, 11:17 PM
i bought some veiltails from st george aquarium about 2 weeks ago. they are 'out the back room'

ILLUSN
Wed May 25, 2011, 11:37 PM
for those interested I have ~100 superveil golden marble fry groing out, they are still 6-8 weeks away, but the fins are already VERY impresive.

i dont think there's any ribon tails in the batch they all look to be full super veiltail.