PDA

View Full Version : Blue Diamond / White eyes?

OfPirateMind
Wed Jan 12, 2011, 08:58 PM
:?:
This past weekend I posted that I thought a BD I got was sick and posted grainy pics

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21959

I've since had him on Metronidazole; and his behavior remains normal, bright and healthy. The only difference is that his eyes are no longer dark, they are silver....not cloudy or anything just light gray instead of deep orange and only turn dark when he's pecking at other discus.

He sort of looks like this but a deeper blue...this strain is called Blue White Discus
http://rockymountaindiscus.com/images/18.jpg

Could it be that I have a BD mutt instead of a sick fish?

erhan
Thu Jan 13, 2011, 12:45 PM
It's usually a small side effect that happens to some discus when treated with meds.

If the discus is healthy and has no worms. It should take around 2 weeks or a bit longer for the colour to come back to normal.

fruitloop1968
Fri Jan 14, 2011, 04:09 AM
Great to hear that your fish is well. Where did you get the Metronidazole. I have been looking for some and cant find any.
Cheers Heather

Merrilyn
Fri Jan 14, 2011, 09:07 AM
Fruitloop, if you're in Australia, you need to get it from your vet as it's prescription only in Aus.

I believe Ofpiratemind is in the USA where it's available over the counter.

OfPirateMind
Sun Jan 16, 2011, 06:21 PM
That's right, I'm Los Angeles. The funny thing is that because I really only read this forum I thought I needed a prescription too, so I was surprised when the guy with the fish store down the street recommended it over Prazi and just handed it to me. It was cheap too $10 for a vial.

In any case my hubby sold that fish yesterday to future discus lover! :D

lpiasente
Mon Jan 17, 2011, 06:47 AM
that was kind of yourhusband selling a sick fish to someone.

OfPirateMind
Tue Jan 18, 2011, 06:05 AM
that was kind of yourhusband selling a sick fish to someone.

I agree, he didn't want to freeze him. Besides nothing about this discus' behavior indicated that he was sick, he ate, swam, and pooped normally (not white and stringy). both before and after the indicated 3 day metro treatment. I think we just bought a mutt BD without orange eyes.