PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Discus

bartek
Tue Jan 04, 2011, 12:26 AM
Im after 2 discus to add to my tank.

In particular Im interested in Blue Diamond or Blue Colbolt and a pure white albino.

Saying that Im happy to consider others so let me know what you have including size and price. Pics also help.

Prefer Sydney or close by so I can pick up.

thanks
Bart

swampy1972
Tue Jan 04, 2011, 12:53 AM
JMS at Carlingford is very close to you and has a good rep for quality and price.. Worth a call to see when their next shipment is coming in.

bartek
Tue Jan 04, 2011, 01:29 AM
Thanks Mate.

I was actually there last week but they had no blues in the shop.

I didn't ask about their next shipment but if I can't finad anything Ill go back and see what they have.

swampy1972
Tue Jan 04, 2011, 08:49 AM
Yeah, they're always worth a phone call to see what's coming and to get the pick of the bunch. I've also had good experiences buying from Nick at Sydney Discus World at Homebush (although some would argue :D). He generally keeps BD as a standard stock line, but again I'd recommend giving him a call before heading out to see what he has.

bartek
Tue Jan 04, 2011, 10:43 AM
I have been to the Homebush store once but I would put JMS above it.

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Jan 04, 2011, 11:20 PM
I would put every single other lfs i have ever been into above it. ;)

swampy1972
Wed Jan 05, 2011, 01:16 AM
As I say, some would argue. I've got some very nice fish there in the past so I'll always consider him when buying. Everyone has their favourites..

bartek
Wed Jan 05, 2011, 01:41 AM
Can we get back on topic.... if anyone has discus fpr sale please let me know what you have and price.

BigDaddyAdo
Wed Jan 05, 2011, 03:42 AM
Auburn had a pair of Albinos but one died. They still have the other one though. Let me know if you are going out that way and i will tag along. :)

bartek
Wed Jan 05, 2011, 04:13 AM
Any chance you remember the price Ado?

BigDaddyAdo
Wed Jan 05, 2011, 12:50 PM
They dont have a new price up for the lone discus but the pair was $450. Its Auburn so probably $200. ;) Im sure they will knock a fair bit off the price.

pfeff
Wed Jan 05, 2011, 01:15 PM
I bought an Albino Red Melon from JMS today. He/she was the most striking of their Albino Red Melon's. Price was fair, the staff were knowledgable though i didnt really pick their brains much.

Whilst they had a fair bit of stock that was ok-good quality and reasonably priced, they also had some that should have been culled for the fishes sake.

Here is Poseidon.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs061.snc6/167191_479747541698_563321698_6078083_7778649_n.jp g

I did go into Sydney Discus World the other day but his prices are just overboard. For the same quality of PB Marlon sold me (see post here http://discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21784), they want about 1 1/2-2 times the price.

Anyone bought from B&C Aquariums over at Matraville? I went in there a month ago and he had a bunch of good looking discus at reasonable prices. I've just not been able to go back yet.

Just my experience.

bartek
Thu Jan 06, 2011, 04:20 AM
Did you see any blues?

pfeff
Thu Jan 06, 2011, 04:41 AM
1 small one. OK but not great.

There is a 12cm blue in a shop at Dulwich hill on canterbury rd for $55. But he needs alot of attention. He is concave from the head up to the top fin not convex like a health discus should be.

m.ingram
Fri Jan 07, 2011, 05:05 AM
Hey Bartek I seen that Rod Lewis has bds Diamond turquoise and blue angels fot sale from his december shipment .He has great quailty fish .

bartek
Fri Jan 07, 2011, 08:30 AM
How do I contact Rod

m.ingram
Fri Jan 07, 2011, 09:32 AM
You can contact him through Email at fishmaniac@bigpond.com

swampy1972
Fri Jan 07, 2011, 11:02 AM
You can contact him through Email at fishmaniac@bigpond.com

Better still, have a look at the shipment and PM him..

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?83838-December-2010-FTZ-shipment

goodoo
Fri Jan 07, 2011, 04:21 PM
Dont buy from sydney discus world. It should be called, Discus disease world.

Rossco
Fri Jan 07, 2011, 07:11 PM
Talking Rod Lewis, talking about nothing but pure quality beutiful discus.

Had many shipped from him, always beutiful always healthy discus.

no hormones at all. I should post what discus i have from Rod, but u guys will just drool..... :wink: :wink:

I personally have never dealt with a discus seller that takes so much care for his discus.

Those Discus Rod gets from Jefry Yang sure do make your eyes pop.

Got nothing but good things to say about Rod Lewis.

m.ingram
Sat Jan 08, 2011, 02:50 AM
Talking Rod Lewis, talking about nothing but pure quality beutiful discus

I personally have never dealt with a discus seller that takes so much care for his discus.

+1

lpiasente
Sat Jan 08, 2011, 10:06 AM
Talking Rod Lewis, talking about nothing but pure quality beutiful discus.

Had many shipped from him, always beutiful always healthy discus.

no hormones at all. I should post what discus i have from Rod, but u guys will just drool..... :wink: :wink:

And a nice fella at that

Rossco
Sat Jan 08, 2011, 12:36 PM
yes.