PDA

View Full Version : Ick??

karisdiscus
Sat Jan 01, 2011, 10:08 PM
So I got some new discus about 2 1/2 weeks ago. They are doing great (little pigs) their eye color is great, their body color is good, no white poop. However, about a week ago i noticed white dots on their fins and a few on their bodies. they are not like small salt grains they are a little bigger. I could tell it annoyed them because they shook their fins. They did not scratch against anything. There is no red around them. I am really confused because I thought Ick could not survive in high water temps! I increased the water to 88 degrees F. it was at 85 degrees and did a 50% water change with RO water every day for a week. It looked like it went away and now its back... Each discus only has like 2-5 dots at the most. what really puzzles me is my cardinals and my dwarf chain loaches have no signs of ick at all. Could it be some kind of stress thing?? a couple days after i got them I treated them with kusuri discus wormer. Does anyone have any idea of what it might be?? is it ick?? If so what should i use or do to get rid of it??

Mr Wild
Sun Jan 02, 2011, 07:59 AM
Keep water changes up to 50% daily and watch, could be fungus could be some sort of bacteria but given clean water daily they should get over it themselves, when you see it go continue wc at that rate for another week. Then drop to every 2nd day etc. As a rule my discus tanks get 30% wc each and every day as normal, they like really clean water.