PDA

View Full Version : NatuRose (Natural Astaxanthin)

mistakes r crucial
Sat Dec 18, 2010, 03:56 AM
Hi,

We received a very welcomed email yesterday from Bob Capelli, the CEO of Cyanotech in Hawaii who grow the micro algae for NatuRose.

Their technical people have improved their yeilds so much that they now have the capacity to go back in to the Aquaculture industry and start producing NatuRose again. We will be placing an order in the New Year so for anyone that is interested please let us know. There have been a few other options since Cyanotech stopped producing but none that we thought were anywhere near as reliable and as good as NatuRose, it's without doubt the best on the planet.

We have no idea on pricing yet but the 90gm containers will be back on the market. That size lasts most breeders/keepers well over a year and it's an easy size to keep in the freezer.
Cheers
MAC

mistakes r crucial
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 06:55 AM
Hi all,

NatuRose Astaxanthin will be available over the next month or so for anyone that uses it.

Cyanotech are now producing it at 2% Astaxanthin which is double the strength it used to be and the Ethoxyquin has now gone thankfully.

It's great to see that world wide Astaxanthin has now taken a huge upward turn in awareness whether it be Bio Astin for human use or animal feed grade NatuRose. It has so many benefits for so many species.

If you have any questions about Astaxanthin but don't want to post them here please feel free to message me, I'm more than happy to answer any questions you have.
Cheers
MAC

ILLUSN
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 07:08 AM
AWESOME NEWS MATE I'M DOWN TO MY LAST FEW TEASPOONS!

Can you shoot me a pm when its ready to ship? aslo is the dose still the same (5g/kg) as with the last batch?

mistakes r crucial
Fri Feb 18, 2011, 07:28 AM
Half that amount Jothy, all previous product was 1% Asta, this is 2%. For general use I'd be using about 2gms per KG and see how it goes.

goodoo
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 02:25 PM
Uh is this another language you are speaking. ???. What are you guys talking about, I like stuff thats good for fish (Discus). I know its stuff that goes in food ?

mistakes r crucial
Sat Feb 19, 2011, 08:06 PM
Hi Goodoo,

We're talking about NatuRose Astaxanthin. If you're not familiar with Astaxanthin do a Google and you'll see a heap of information about it.

It's been used for years in the aquaculture industry to help colour the flesh of farmed fish and also to colour up ornamental fish such as Discus, you can add it to many fish foods.

It's a micro algae that's found naturally in the oceans but it's also grown in Hawaii by a company over there. Good colour is only one of many benefits it has, it's the strongest anti oxidant on the planet and great for overall health, better breeding, egg production etc.

It's not only for fish either, the human form has now been around 10 years and getting great raps from many doctors such as Mercola, Cohen etc.

We're just about to start trials with a company in Northern NSW on race horses and cattle feed, exciting stuff. If you keep dogs start them off early on Asta as it really helps with Arthritis, cataracts and a load of other ailments.

As I said mate, do a Google, it's wonderful stuff. I'll shut up now, it's a passion of mine and once I get started about Asta I can't stop lol.

goodoo
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 05:22 AM
Do any commercial foods contain this stuff

mistakes r crucial
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 07:14 AM
We have foods on ebay that have Asta in them and one in particular that has had great feedback over the last year, Cichlid sticks. A good size for Discus too.
You'll find them here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Tropical-Fish-Food-1KG-Cichlid-Sticks-Astaxanthin-/260672009454?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item3cb14334ee

New stock arriving this Wednesday or Thursday so it's only a week old. No Ethoxyquin in any of our foods either.

Many foods have Astaxanthin in them but very often they have the synthetic type because it's cheaper. It's generally made from oil so I'll let you decide on that one.

Over the next couple of months we're going to start making Breeders Blend flake again, it was a top quality flake with natural Asta' at 3gms per KG of food and we've only ever had postive comments about it, a boutique food I think you'd call it. It's also made in Sydney so a local product and so are the ingredients whenever possible.

It should be ready over the next 8 weeks or so in 500gm and 1+kg lots, no retail packaging but boxed, with rising prices it helps us to keep the end cost down to a minimum. We'll most certainly post it up here when it's ready.

goodoo
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 08:35 AM
I saw some of your breeders blend flake at my lfs.

mistakes r crucial
Sun Feb 20, 2011, 09:22 AM
Yes quite a few shops stocked it but this time around it will be promoted online only by a few stockists.

mistakes r crucial
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 10:13 PM
Jothy

I've just had the new dosage rates arrive.

"Ornamental fish, coloration 20 – 100 ppm Constant for lower levels 2 – 8 weeks prior to sale for higher levels"

We'll be using the mid range in our food even though it's a constant use product, 50ppm or 2.5gms per kilo. At 20ppm my feeling is you're only going to get the colour and not too many of the health/breeding benefits.
Cheers
MAC

ILLUSN
Mon Feb 21, 2011, 11:57 PM
Chearsmate, so 1/2 tsp /kg and I'll be all good.

mistakes r crucial
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:16 AM
Yep

scoob
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 01:23 AM
Hi Mac

How long can you keep this stuff I've had a Jar for a couple of years now, I used to keep it int he firdge but the missus didn't know what it was chucked it in the pantry, seems to have oxidized a bit goine dark red, is it okay to use ?

Regards
Mike

mistakes r crucial
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 01:58 AM
Hi Mike,

Astaxanthin is very susceptible to light, heat and oxygen so my guess would be it's no longer any use to you. It never goes off as such but the Astaxanthin becomes another chemical which is harmless but it's also useless.

I've just been reading some figures on open packages of NatuRose compared to refridgerated and closed this morning and if you leave it out and open then the Asta has basically gone after 120 days. Refridgerated/frozen and closed it will last years, in the right conditions it can lay dormant for 40 years or more.
Cheers
MAC

scoob
Tue Feb 22, 2011, 02:36 AM
Thank for the info Mac, I will have to get a new pack.

cheers
Mike