PDA

View Full Version : Metro in food

BigDaddyAdo
Fri Dec 17, 2010, 11:34 PM
What is the best way to use metro in food. Is dissolving a bit in a small amount f water and soaking some freeze dried black worms in it effective?

mistakes r crucial
Sat Dec 18, 2010, 06:13 AM
You obviously have some, I've just PM'ed you.

I've never tried soaking dead worms in it, maybe someone can shed some light on that for you but I can't see how they would adsorb it since they're dead.

There maybe better ways of doing it since I did it a couple of years ago but I used to crush it up as finely as possible and mix it with BH or something similar. I never found it easy to dissolve Metro.

It always leaves a whole heap of filler c rap across your tanks when you use it in water.
Cheers
MAC

BigDaddyAdo
Sat Dec 18, 2010, 07:25 AM
Dry food soaks up water. The water it soaks up has metro dissolved in it.

I dont really see how live worms can soak it up.

mistakes r crucial
Sat Dec 18, 2010, 07:39 AM
Maybe they ingest it.
MAC

ILLUSN
Sat Dec 18, 2010, 08:24 AM
grind a metro tablet (400mg) into a powder, add about 20ml of warm tank water and stir, the metro will disolve within 10minutes the binder in the tablet will not. add ~30ml of dry food this will soak up the metro in the water, leave in the fridge for 10-15min if you still see fluid add more dry food, feed the fish, the food dosed with metro can be kept in the fridge for 5 days, just keep it dark.

BigDaddyAdo
Sat Dec 18, 2010, 08:43 AM
Thankyou. ;)

syxx
Tue Feb 15, 2011, 04:36 AM
If you put metro in with live worms for 15-20 min their mucus will bind everything together and when the discus eat it most will get ingested, some people also add pure alcohol with the metro and worms as this helps to get the worms to soak up the metro.
and gets the fish pissed :lol: