PDA

View Full Version : Recent apisto spawns !

Apistoguy
Sun Dec 05, 2010, 08:57 AM
Hi all

I have had some luck with a few more of my apistos spawning recently.

My 2nd female abacaxis has fry free swimming today, the other females fry were free swimming on 28.10.2010. Both to the same male.

Both female trifasciata have fry free swimming as of 30th nov, both to the same male.

My baenschi female is on the nest (so to speak) with eggs, all nice and red and developing well I hope.

cheers Apistoguy

Hassles
Tue Dec 07, 2010, 09:57 AM
Hey - you sound like you're having fun. I used to feel like that but these days it more like - oh no not again heh heh heh :lol:

may the fat man make it down the chimney :wink:

take care

Apistoguy
Sat Dec 18, 2010, 04:10 AM
Hi all

I have had some luck with a few more of my apistos spawning recently.

My 2nd female abacaxis has fry free swimming today, the other females fry were free swimming on 28.10.2010. Both to the same male.

Both female trifasciata have fry free swimming as of 30th nov, both to the same male.

My baenschi female is on the nest (so to speak) with eggs, all nice and red and developing well I hope.

cheers Apistoguy

Quick update:

Baenschi fry have emerged 11/12/10 and going great so far.

Cacatuoide Orange-Flash fry emerged yesterday 17/12/10

cheers

swampy1972
Sat Dec 18, 2010, 05:20 AM
Congrats Apistoguy!! I look forward to seeing some pics (hint, hint ;))

I recently acquired a pair of Agazzizi, and they're starting to colour up and show extra interest in one another so fingers crossed..

Hassles
Mon Dec 20, 2010, 08:13 AM
Trouble You Can't Fool Me.

I have said that its never a dull moment in an Apistogramma household and I'm sticking to my words.

It appears I have a 3rd female alacrina guarding eggs. With two other females defending territory and their respective broods this is all leaving very little room for the other tank occupants so trouble is most definitely knockin' on my door. Seems I'm gonna have to quickly set-up another tank to avert said trouble.

A new trifasciata spawn emerged this week and the baenschi spawn of a few weeks age are all doing great. I'm hoping these will be the last spawns for quite some time as I am hoping / wanting to do a 10 tank relocation over these next few weeks and that ain't gonna' be fun with fry everywhere.

yanke
Mon Dec 20, 2010, 12:20 PM
hi
how big is the tanks that they are in
i am trying to get my to spawn
they are agassizii i have mine in a
2ftx12x12
and my ph is 6.5 to 6.8
and i have some wood in there and a flat
rock and lots of plants
but no eggs yet
yanke

Hassles
Tue Dec 21, 2010, 04:51 AM
hi
how big is the tanks that they are in
i am trying to get my to spawn
they are agassizii i have mine in a
2ftx12x12
and my ph is 6.5 to 6.8
and i have some wood in there and a flat
rock and lots of plants
but no eggs yet
yanke

I spawned my agassizi in a 2 foot tank with the usual assortment of rocks and driftwood and a little terra-cotta cave. I suggest that you exercise patience and let the fish simply be. They'll do their thing soon enough I'm sure.

Be observant however to ensure no one fish is overly harrassing the other. If, for example, the female is overly keen to spawn (which does happen) she may be intimidating the male - just a thought.

take care