PDA

View Full Version : discus

Discus Planetarium
Fri Dec 03, 2010, 09:54 AM
hi all i have a female snow white whitch one should i pair her up with a male brown or blue snakeskin or a blue dimond so i get good juvies from her i will put up pics of the males what do you think thanks.

Discus Planetarium
Sat Dec 04, 2010, 02:56 AM
come on people want your advise please

mcloughlin2
Sat Dec 04, 2010, 03:00 AM
The albino isn't an actual albino by the looks of the photo.

If it were me I'd pair her with another solid coloured fish; in this case the blue diamond. this will yield a mixture of uniform colours with some white diamonds in the mix. Crossing with the snakeskin could lead to poor barring and patterns and I don't see any benefit crossing with the brown.

Merrilyn
Sat Dec 04, 2010, 08:12 AM
The albino isn't an actual albino by the looks of the photo.

If it were me I'd pair her with another solid coloured fish; in this case the blue diamond. this will yield a mixture of uniform colours with some white diamonds in the mix. Crossing with the snakeskin could lead to poor barring and patterns and I don't see any benefit crossing with the brown.

Absolutely agree. The blue diamond is the way to go.

Albino's have a red iris. From the photo, your fish appears to have a black iris.

Discus Planetarium
Sat Dec 04, 2010, 10:23 AM
thanks for that i will see how i go my blue dimond is paired up with my white butterfly she had eggs last week but ate them she is blind in one eye they will get it right some day

rex82
Sat Dec 04, 2010, 11:00 AM
A male snow white would be the way to go :wink: