PDA

View Full Version : API freshwater mater test kit

Tommy01
Mon Nov 29, 2010, 05:02 AM
Has anyone noticed that the latest API Master test kit shows incorrect test colours for nitrite? The scale seems to only show all the different shades of blue which should be pink and purple (This is the kit where all charts are combined). I thought that maybe they changed the chemicals but eventually had to revert to using my old chart (the individual one) to get a correct reading. I guess it will still serve to alert if the reading is not zero but it could be annoying if you are cycling new tank and want to keep accurate records...

karisdiscus
Mon Nov 29, 2010, 05:28 AM
I just got an API master test kit and it did not come with a color chart so now i have the tests just no way to tell what the levels are. I emailed API and no response....

Mr Wild
Mon Nov 29, 2010, 09:19 AM
Re nitrite are you sure you are following the instructions to the letter?

Mr Wild
Mon Nov 29, 2010, 09:20 AM
re API cards, I have a spare old set you could have if you do not get any joy from API, where did you buy the kit?

karisdiscus
Mon Nov 29, 2010, 03:33 PM
I got it online brand new still wrapped in plastic at amazon.com I did contact the seller as well and i have not heard back. That would be great if you have spare cards. I will wait a few days to see if the seller or api is going to replace it. Thank You

karisdiscus
Tue Nov 30, 2010, 03:53 AM
They are sending me new cards in the mail :)

Mr Wild
Tue Nov 30, 2010, 12:14 PM
excellant!

reads the backs of them well and follow them to a T that way you will know you have the correct params.

Good Luck