PDA

View Full Version : Ayo

Brockkd
Fri Nov 19, 2010, 02:47 PM
Hey guys, I'm interested in starting up a 2.5ft tank in the near future and plan on keeping a few Cichlids.

I've had a few previous fish tanks when I was younger and I attempted a planted tank a couple of years ago which didn't quiet turn out. The soil/gravel I was using was affecting my pH which was already affected from Tank water.

This time I'm going to keep it basic, I want a nice basic wooden stand and a very clean and well made 24"x12.5"x24" tank to sit on it. I'm going to go with a hang on filter, going to keep the gravel basic and I'll put a few nice plants and debris for the Cichlids.

I live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland and I'm looking for a 24x12.5x24" fish tank. It needs to be decent quality, no sloppy silicone jobs. If anyone knows of any places around the area or any online stores that can ship the tank to me that are good quality and price, please let me know.

:)

Merrilyn
Sat Nov 20, 2010, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Brockkd.

Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Oygle2
Sat Dec 18, 2010, 10:06 PM
Hey Buddy.

Perhaps you could get a decent 2nd hand tank, deseal it and reseal it your self, it will give you some good first hand experiance. I'd go a bigger tank, mate it just seems a bit small. May I ask how old you are?

Regards

Oygle2