PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your aquariums from?

flaggy
Sun Nov 14, 2010, 05:54 AM
G'day! I'm looking to buy a 6x2x2 glass tank with cabinet and hood.

Any recommendations for suppliers (in Sydney) who make quality aquariums at reasonable prices?

Please PM me if you're more comfortable doing that.

Cheers
Tim

swampy1972
Sun Nov 14, 2010, 06:59 AM
Total Marine at Moorebank or Abyss Aquariums at Campbelltown. Good quality at excellent prices. I'll be getting my next tank from either of them. I have a custom sump from TM and am very happy with the quality.
I've also purchased from St George Aquariums at Rockdale. Also a nice tank but pricey by comparison.

ILLUSN
Sun Nov 14, 2010, 07:07 AM
do you want quality or cheep? i buy cheep tanks theres a local bloke in st marys who makes them, the finish isn't fantastic but no one sees the tanks in my fish room.

Dont go cheep if you want something that looks good just spend the money a good tank will last you decades a cheep tank might only last a few years.

flaggy
Sun Nov 14, 2010, 07:18 AM
do you want quality or cheep? i buy cheep tanks theres a local bloke in st marys who makes them, the finish isn't fantastic but no one sees the tanks in my fish room.

Dont go cheep if you want something that looks good just spend the money a good tank will last you decades a cheep tank might only last a few years.

this would be a display tank in the lounge room, so I'd be going for quality - without being ripped off :)

swampy1972
Sun Nov 14, 2010, 09:45 AM
I agree with what you saying ILLUSN, and the 2 business I recommended will achieve both - quality finish at a good price, and I've contacted just about every manufacturer within a couple of hours of Sydney.

I'd say TM is a slightly better finish than Abyss, but they're both happy for you inspect prior to ordering. Abyss also has the ability to do polished edges if you want them.

flaggy
Sun Nov 14, 2010, 09:48 AM
Cool, I'll go check them out first.

I agree with what you saying ILLUSN, and the 2 business I recommended will achieve both - quality finish at a good price, and I've contacted just about every manufacturer within a couple of hours of Sydney.

I'd say TM is a slightly better finish than Abyss, but they're both happy for you inspect prior to ordering. Abyss also has the ability to do polished edges if you want them.

boxters
Sun Nov 14, 2010, 11:05 AM
Take a look at my new website. It's not up and running yet, but all the tanks are loaded. Top quality guaranteed. www.marlonsdiscus.com.au/store
Don't try order through the site just email or pm me

flaggy
Mon Nov 22, 2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks all for your suggestions.

Someone suggested Majestic Aquariums at Taren Point. Prices seem reasonable. Has anyone bought an aquarium from them and what was the quality like?

boxters
Mon Nov 22, 2010, 10:00 AM
I use the same tank builder they use, but my prices are about 25% cheaper. Let me know exactly what you want and I'll give you a quote

boxters
Mon Nov 22, 2010, 10:02 AM
Our new website is up and running again so check out the tank section