PDA

View Full Version : fire

lpiasente
Thu Nov 11, 2010, 07:47 PM
got the fright of my life last night. After smelling some smoke the kids yelled mum I think the house across the road is on fire. I looked out and could see some flames in the back of the house. I ran down the hall grabbed the phone and ran back and that was it the house was one huge flame ball. The young fellow had been cooking left it unattended and walked back into the kitchen and it exploded. He ran got out and that was that the house was like i said a fire ball. I realised last night how scary fire really is. Don't stop and get you pets or your bags or photos or anything just get out. While we were waiting for the fire brigade Rob ( the young fella in the house) told us he wasn't sure if his mate was in there or not. Luckily he wasn't. Our house is an old weatherboard renovate the back of the house is renovated but the front isn't. There were embers everywhere landing on the roof and in the backyard. I was really worried for my place. We all had to get hoses and wet the house down just to be safe. To the fire fighters who fight fires I think you are all amazing that is dangerous stuff and down here in country vic they are all volunteers. That was my 11.11.10.

bigbird
Thu Nov 11, 2010, 08:21 PM
wow lucky for all i supose. Never have and never hope to experience anything like that. cheers jk

goodoo
Thu Nov 11, 2010, 11:10 PM
you should watch. "rescue me" the series if you like firemen.

lpiasente
Fri Nov 12, 2010, 02:35 AM
haha are they big hunky spunky fireman??

goodoo
Fri Nov 12, 2010, 06:38 AM
Um now I feel awkward. :shock: Its a good show, Im shore you would find a couple to your taste. :D

lpiasente
Fri Nov 12, 2010, 07:40 AM
hahaha :lol:

Mickey C
Sun Nov 14, 2010, 08:29 AM
I once had a factory about 6 houses up from me go up in flames, it was amazing just how much heat is created and the noise - phenominal.

Then again, sitting well away from flame throwers at a Kiss concert - fire is HOT! :lol:

Hassles
Sun Nov 14, 2010, 12:48 PM
Most of us are completely ignorant to just how easily a fire can start and just how quickly it can spread. In an old timber home, the growth of a fire once started, has the capacity to fool everybody. Fire is insatiable, unpredictable and unforgiving. Get out while you can!