PDA

View Full Version : Pearling & Pruning?

Tracey73
Tue Nov 09, 2010, 11:34 AM
Just needing some help with my plants :)
I have decided to have a go at some aquascaping and to start have added some Ambulia, Rotala Wallichii, Pink Baby tears and some fontinalis as of three weeks ago. I have been dosing with Seachem Excel & Red Sea Flora 24. All the plants have had fantastic growth, the 2 bunches of Ambulia are growing out of the water as well as the Wallichii. All of the plants are looking great and all of them are covered in tiny bubbles.. I take it this is a good sign?

The Ambulia and Rotala need a trim and I was wondering what is the best way to trim both these plants?

Merrilyn
Sat Nov 13, 2010, 01:32 PM
Well I'm definitely no plant guru, but until one comes along, I can tell you Tracey that pearling is an excellent sign. It's what the plant peeps aim for.

If I remember rightly, both of those are stem plants, so you can trim and replant the tops to give you more plants. If the bottom of the stems are looking ratty, trim them long, replant the tops and discard the bottoms.

Tracey73
Sun Nov 14, 2010, 02:02 AM
Thanks Merrilyn :D It certainly looks divine seeing all these bubbles on the leaves, makes the tank glisten :D
Its so rewarding seeing everything growing so well and the fish are loving it :)

madmaddy
Mon Nov 15, 2010, 06:12 AM
Hi,

How are your plants going? do you have any pics?

Cheers
Kylie