PDA

View Full Version : Im shocked

boxters
Wed Nov 03, 2010, 09:43 AM
Today i went to visit a new aquarium store opening up in sydney. No names need be mentioned or location. I was contacted as they wanted to stock my fish, well there was no way i was going to supply them.

1)There were no fish in some tanks. I asked how are you going to cycle these tanks with no fish. Response, im using media to cycle the tanks and a pump. I said where is the amonia going to come from to cycle the tanks. response from the media. I almost had a heart attack.

2) At the rear of the store were some tanks. What are these tanks for i asked. Response, they are for discus. Where are the filters i asked. Response i dont want filters on these tanks because i have put plants where the sump should be. Not even a sponge filter is in these tanks. I said, what is going to control the ammonia in these tanks, the response the plants. Well with that i left.

It never ceases to amaze me how people with no clue can decide to just open a shop for the sake of making a dollar. Be very very aware when going into some stores. Ask plenty of questions and if you get the feeling that they dont know what they are talking about , turn around and leave.

I hope this post does not offend anyone, but this for me was a complete and utter joke

Merrilyn
Wed Nov 03, 2010, 10:12 AM
The sad thing is, that these folk pass on this mis-information to people new to fish, and new to setting up tanks.

They take the advice as gospel, as it comes from a LFS, take their fish home, and in within weeks everything is dead. These newbies are out of pocket, devastated that all their fish died, their kids are traumatised watching the fish die day by day, and they vow never to keep fish again. :evil:

boxters
Wed Nov 03, 2010, 11:02 AM
it was a joke, and the more i tried to help him the more he just said he knew what he was doing

BigDaddyAdo
Wed Nov 03, 2010, 07:04 PM
Can you pm me the shop location boxters?

boxters
Wed Nov 03, 2010, 07:42 PM
I'm not going to get involved in a slaging match that was not the point of my email, so I'm not giving out names or location

Discus-Hans
Tue Nov 30, 2010, 07:29 AM
Marlon, those are one of those things.

I was shocked when I came on this forum and saw on top, at the right and at the bottom ads by Google:

Discus for sale. Order Discus today. Delivered tomorrow to your door! SomethingStinkyPhishy.com

Now those are the biggest no no's here in the USA. Every time you see that add, click on them take a look, every click cost him at least 0.50 cents lol lol

Hans

lpiasente
Wed Dec 01, 2010, 11:11 AM
Delivered tomorrow to your door! SomethingStinkyPhishy.com

OMG I have read heaps of bad things about this guy as well and not only with fish dealings. Click click click everybody click