PDA

View Full Version : Position of Spray Bar?

Tracey73
Sun Oct 31, 2010, 05:33 AM
I have been doing a bit of reading in regards to the position of intake pipes & spray bars and was wondering what the discus world suggests. I currently have an Eheim Pro 2180 which of course has two intake pipes and the green spray bar. We of course put one intake pipe either end of our Juwel Vision 450ltr and positioned the spray bar above the water surface in the middle.. is there a better way to position any of these?

Also should I upgrade my lighting fixture to 4 x T5 54w for my plants?

Hassles
Sun Oct 31, 2010, 05:55 AM
As a rule, Spray Bars are positioned to direct the water horizontally across the surface of the water to create maximum surface disturbance to ensure maximum oygenation. take care

taksan
Sun Oct 31, 2010, 08:10 AM
.. is there a better way to position any of these?

There's not really a better position for that spraybar ... and I'd upgrade the lights if possible.
Is the tank drilled for the filter or do you use the suction pipes ?
Has the Juwel filter been removed ?

Tracey73
Mon Nov 01, 2010, 11:30 AM
.. is there a better way to position any of these?

There's not really a better position for that spraybar ... and I'd upgrade the lights if possible.
Is the tank drilled for the filter or do you use the suction pipes ?
Has the Juwel filter been removed ?

Yes the Juwel filter was removed when we first bought the tank 3 years ago and we bought the Eheim 2180 :wink: Of course Taksan you did say at the time that the Eheim will not let us down and it never has :D
We use the suction pipes.

I will most definitely upgrade the lights, just wanted to make sure it was a good move :)