PDA

View Full Version : WTB Discus Cone

awilianto
Thu Oct 21, 2010, 02:49 AM
Anyone got one that is in good condition that they want to part with.

Please pm me with brand and price.

Mattzilla
Thu Oct 21, 2010, 06:03 AM
just use a terra cotta put turned upside down... a quarter of the price, just as good

awilianto
Fri Oct 22, 2010, 05:35 AM
specific size pots?
Do they have to be tall as in put a smaller pot on top fo a bigger pot?

Merrilyn
Fri Oct 22, 2010, 07:31 AM
When your discus are ready to breed, they will use whatever's available. Breeding cone, pot plant, heater, filter intake tube, sponge filter, magnetic glass cleaner, and if there is nothing else in the tank, they'll use the glass walls :lol:

The right nutrition and the right water conditions will encourage your fish to spawn. They don't really mind what they spawn on.

As long as it's secure (doesn't wobble when they test it) and has a nice smooth surface, it will suit them.

I have in the past used a spare filter intake tube, suctioned to the side of the tank, a tall vase filled with pebbles, a tall tupperware pasta container filled with pebbles, old fashioned bottling jars that your grandmother used to use to preserve fruit, again filled with pebbles, and yep, flower pots turned upside down (tall skinny ones are best,) and even cones :lol:

Have a look around your house. I'm sure you will find something suitable.

Mattzilla
Fri Oct 22, 2010, 09:41 AM
When your discus are ready to breed, they will use whatever's available. Breeding cone, pot plant, heater, filter intake tube, sponge filter, magnetic glass cleaner, and if there is nothing else in the tank, they'll use the glass walls :lol:

The right nutrition and the right water conditions will encourage your fish to spawn. They don't really mind what they spawn on.

As long as it's secure (doesn't wobble when they test it) and has a nice smooth surface, it will suit them.

I have in the past used a spare filter intake tube, suctioned to the side of the tank, a tall vase filled with pebbles, a tall tupperware pasta container filled with pebbles, old fashioned bottling jars that your grandmother used to use to preserve fruit, again filled with pebbles, and yep, flower pots turned upside down (tall skinny ones are best,) and even cones :lol:

Have a look around your house. I'm sure you will find something suitable.

what she said.... ;)