PDA

View Full Version : What Discus is this??

angmat80
Tue Oct 05, 2010, 01:18 PM
I got this guy nearly 4 months ago and it looked a lot different then. more of a dark yellow and I cant remember what he was sold to me as, he was the only one in the tank. I've tried to google but couldn't find out.

the one in the middle
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/430/dsc02263ou.jpg

Merrilyn
Wed Oct 06, 2010, 03:00 AM
Hmmmm my best guess would be red turquoise. I've based that on the red colouring in the dorsal and anal fins, and the blue striations on the head and in the fins.

Hopefully someone else will have an opinion too.

angmat80
Wed Oct 06, 2010, 05:44 AM
thanks merrilyn, i was thinking the same but wasn't 100%. would u have any idea what the one on the left is?

Merrilyn
Wed Oct 06, 2010, 09:36 AM
Do you mean the one showing only half the fish?

I'd need to see a full body photo to take a guess.

Merrilyn
Wed Oct 06, 2010, 09:44 AM
Okay, just took another look at the pic, and I think you are talking about the group of three little fish, with one just showing it's nose and eye on the right. If that's the case, then the fish to the left in the group of 3 is possibly a red turquoise, the middle one seems to have more than nine very faint body bars, which would make it a snakeskin, but it's really too young to tell for sure.

The third fish, only partially visible, looks to be a blue diamond. Hope that helps :P

ILLUSN
Wed Oct 06, 2010, 10:41 AM
pigion snake, note the iris color and peppering on the face and edge of bottom fin, hate to disagree Mez but i think the fish in the center is a brown, id expect a fair bit more red and sirations in the fins if it were a red turk