PDA

View Full Version : feeding problems

lpiasente
Mon Sep 13, 2010, 07:58 AM
I am having my own problems with a skinny fish :roll:It had some on going problems a few months back and even though I treated it for worms with the works it took a long time to come around. I finally had it eating again only on live blackworms. It got it's condition back ( I have had it for 18 months since it was a wee baby) started feeing on beefheart and I returned it to the main tank. it totally refused to eat anything that wasn't live. I live one hour away from anywhere to get live food. i did the starve thing and still he refused to eat unless it was live. It really started to look quite skinny so again I have taken it out of the main tank and put it out with a small friend, got some blackworm (live) and he is eating away madly. He doesn't get picked on in the main tank, he doesn't hide he comes up for a look at the food in the main tank but when it isn't live he won't eat. I can feed him up again to gain some weight but how do I get him to eat other foods when the starving thing doesn't work? Thanks Leanne

Mr Wild
Mon Sep 13, 2010, 08:09 AM
Try soaking the dry food with the live food so it has the same smell and little by little dilute it moe and more see how this goes.

lpiasente
Mon Sep 13, 2010, 08:31 AM
Hi Kath I will try that.
Thanks

goodoo
Mon Sep 13, 2010, 11:54 AM
I spoiled a discus once into eating only live blackworms. I got some freeze dried blackworms and soaked them, so most of them sunk and mixed them into the live ones and it worked. Then I slowleyadded the odd tetra colour bit. I find colour bits easier to introduce to discus than the other dried foods. keep trying :D

lpiasente
Mon Sep 13, 2010, 08:53 PM
I spoiled a discus once into eating only live blackworms. I got some freeze dried blackworms and soaked them, so most of them sunk and mixed them into the live ones and it worked. Then I slowleyadded the odd tetra colour bit. I find colour bits easier to introduce to discus than the other dried foods. keep trying :D
Will do. Thanks