PDA

View Full Version : Fluoride ????

goodoo
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 08:33 AM
I was reading mickys introduction post. And someone mentioned fluoride Anyone from canberra can answer this one. Should I be worried about it I do nothing to my water but age it heat it and add prime.

Merrilyn
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 10:49 AM
Thirty odd years ago, when fluoride was first added to Melbourne water, we all held our breath, wondering what it was going to do to our fish.

Bit of a storm in a teacup. Didn't make any difference. Fish still mated and raised their fry and the fry still looked normal. Morality rate didn't alter. Bit of a "non event" really. :ug

Don't know if there's any difference between Melbourne water and Canberra water, but I wouldn't stress too much.

ILLUSN
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 12:42 PM
flouride is harmless, it cannot be removed by carbon or most ion resins so theres nothing you can do about it anyway.

Mickey C
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 10:09 PM
I just had to reread my introduction because I didn't remember that someone had posted about flouride! I hadn't done any research myself thus far, so kudos to goodoo for doing my research for me :lol:

goodoo
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 11:39 PM
no worries mickey gotta look after fellow capitalians. Thanks for input guys. I gotta say my mosaic leopards teeth are pretty sparkly must be the flouride.