PDA

View Full Version : Can I fix my angels pectoral fins ?

goodoo
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 12:08 AM
My angel has shortened pectoral fins. I think something went wrong when he was a bub before i bought him. He is healthy and fine but I was wondering if there is any way I can fix them.

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 12:29 AM
I dont see how you could fix it. Have you got a pic?

Merrilyn
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 07:47 AM
If you're talking the long fine ventral fins under the body, they do break off quite often. Nothing to worry about, and they will regrow, although it may take some time.

goodoo
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 08:25 AM
No im talking about the side fins or pectoral fins psst I was joking about nemo in the other post. Wanted to see if anyone would take me seriously. Sorry merrilyn.

Merrilyn
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 08:36 AM
Hi mate. Do you think the fish has had finrot or something before you got him? Either way, his pecs should regrow, unless they were burned right back to near the body. I've even trimmed back damaged fins with sterile scissors an they've grown back. A bit more protein in the diet will help to regrow damaged fins.

Re Nemo - no worries mate, thought it must have been a bit 'tongue in cheek'. :P

BigDaddyAdo
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 08:52 AM
Doh !!! I read it as "dorsal" fin. Maybe i should concentrate more on work. :)

goodoo
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 09:56 AM
He is a beautiful platinum. I'll get my girlfriend to post some pics. I read in andrew soh's book about triming fins . And I suppose I knew I was gonna have to trim them to get them back. I have had him for ages and they havent grown- he gets alot of protein. That's definetly a job for when my girlfriend isnt around- scary:( I dropped him once, straight onto the kitchen tiles when we moved and she went nuts. I felt horrible. But he bounced straight back and is a great fish. He's paired up with my veiltail black angel and they breed alot but I haven't quite got the hang of keeping their babies alive yet.