PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok??

mitsui
Tue Aug 03, 2010, 11:03 PM
Hi everyone

I brought this food and I am wondering if its any good. Its made by ocean free, its called superBITS. "Total complete food for discus and challenging tropical fish"

Its the only discus food that is avaliable here. They seem to like it as they were fed on small pelets. or should I just stick to brine shrimp constantly?

Is it ok to feed them community dinner?

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated :D

Mr Wild
Wed Aug 04, 2010, 12:18 AM
Hi there!

It is much better for all fish to be fed a variety of food daily, so mix it up and you will find your fish will be healthier for it.

HTH

swampy1972
Wed Aug 04, 2010, 12:30 AM
Hi Mitsui,

I agree with Kath. A mixed diet is pretty well essential to give them all the 'goodies' they need to remain in good condition. If for no other reason, it will also prevent them getting bored and going off their food - we don't eat the same thing everyday do we? ;)

You say it's the only thing available there.. don't forget about the recipes here for beefheart mix and there's a tonne of online shops that stock every well known brand. If you need a couple of links shoot me a PM.

All the best ;)

BigDaddyAdo
Wed Aug 04, 2010, 01:29 AM
You can buy basically anything your heart desires online.

mitsui
Wed Aug 04, 2010, 05:46 AM
I try and give all my fish a varied diet, veg, brineshrimp, worms, flake ect ect, but these guys are a little bit more fussy. They wouldn't eat the flake and I have a funny feeling they wont eat their vegies either. :lol:

I should re-phrase my question.. Is this food any good or should I be looking for a better quality food?

swampy1972
Wed Aug 04, 2010, 06:35 AM
Not too sure about the brand itself, but it your fish ever decide to go off their food (no signs of disease present of course), then just fast them for a couple of days then add small amounts of the intended new food until they work it out. They'll soon work it out, and they won't let themselves starve.