PDA

View Full Version : Hikary cichlid food.

Love Discus
Tue Aug 03, 2010, 08:15 AM
http://static.letsbuyit.com/filer/images/uk/products/original/3/97/hikari-cichlid-gold-speciality-food-for-cichlids-medium-pellets-250-g-397490.jpg

Does anyone else use this food for their discus? I have had great experience with this food for years, it gives rb piranhas color that seems almost un natural. most fish will spit it out for a day or two, and then develope a huge appetite for it almost instantly. the discus hated it for two days, so did piranha, and so did cardinals. I have been feeding this stuff, dried bloodworms live black worms, and occasional goldfish flake(the really really cheap stuff) tetra brand i beleive.

I have been feeding them about 90% hikari for about 2 months now (since i got them) and their colors have just exploded. I have 2 sibling turqs(1-2 in), 2 turqs that are not siblings, and one red checker. I will have to post pics in a week or whenever they look to be really happy. the two sibling turqs were completly white when I got them and within a week I could already tell I have some really pretty turqs. ( they started to show what will either be green or red spts.) within a week that is!)

I love this food! it could be priced tripple what it is around here and it would still be worth its benefits)

Love Discus
Tue Aug 03, 2010, 08:19 AM
my plecos will actually attack my discus while fighting for a pellet. my plecos are really getting agressive. I dont know what is going on with them, they even fight each other. I guess its probably the 87F getting them riled up.