PDA

View Full Version : want to borrow: Medical grade oxygen to ship fish

Mattzilla
Fri Jul 09, 2010, 12:00 AM
Hi everyone

I am trying to ship some fish from Sydney to Alice Springs but i have a bit of a problem.

There is only one flight a day with AAE from Syd to Alice and that departs sydney at 9.50am so i would have to have them checked in to AAE by 7.30am to ensure they make the flight. I usually get my fish packed with medical grade oxygen at the lfs on the way to the airport but no lfs is open at 7am!

So i was wondering if anyone out there (preferably local) has a medical grade oxygen cylinder and trigger nozzle that i could borrow for a night. I'm ok with packing myself and have all the bags, box etc i just need some oxygen.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions that could solve my problem i would love to hear them

thanks
matt

0422 966 020

swampy1972
Fri Jul 09, 2010, 12:42 AM
Hi Matt,
Have you asked the LFS owner if he/she can help you out of hours?
I had a similar experience with a store in QLD where I wanted to purchase a particular fish. I had no where to store it, and was leaving for NSW early next morning. They let me pay in advance and the owner met me at 5am to open up and collect the fish.
It may be worth an ask.
Best of luck ;)

Vspec
Fri Jul 09, 2010, 02:14 AM
christ swampy, Thats a pretty good relationship you got going there with your LFS

Mattzilla
Sat Jul 10, 2010, 09:08 AM
yeah i don't know if i'd get them out of bed that early!

no longer needed thanks everyone