PDA

View Full Version : zoo discus anti endoparasite

lpiasente
Wed Jul 07, 2010, 12:46 AM
We imported this stuff in from o/s just out of curiosity. It is a mixture of metronidazole mebendazole levamisole and vitamin b. It doesn't have any indication of how much of each product is in it and the only directions is 20 ml to 100 litres. So I didn't use it just in case. Late last year I had a fish that showed symptoms of worms and I treated it as such with no response at all then thought maybe the start of hex so treated with metro still no response. The fish had gone for weeks without eating and I was really worried. I came across this in my medicine cabinet and thought nothing to lose and used it. That fish is still here in my tank doing very well for herself. I wasn't sure what it was that helped her out maybe a combination of all the meds and didn't give it another thought. For the last six or seven weeks I have had another fish with the same symptoms did everything the same but I just couldn't get her to eat and there is no poop in sight not even clear ones. Again as a last resort I thought bugger it I will use this zoo stuff as I have nothing to lose. Well after 48 hours of treatment she started eating last night. Again who knows which of the meds worked maybe all of them together but next time I will be reaching for this stuff first. Well worth looking into I think.

swampy1972
Wed Jul 07, 2010, 01:27 AM
Good to hear you got them both back.

Can you post any of the details of the product - pic, how to purchase/import etc?

Thanks

lpiasente
Wed Jul 07, 2010, 02:52 AM
No worries I will ask Mark where he got it

ILLUSN
Wed Jul 07, 2010, 04:15 AM
good to hear, mebendazole is an excellend "allround" wormer used in dog antiworming treatments, combining it with levimenisole and metro should be effective against protozoa, flat worms and round worms, b group vitamins will help stimulate appitite.

lpiasente
Wed Jul 07, 2010, 04:18 AM
Do you know of any fish products that are available in Australia that contains all these meds?

ILLUSN
Wed Jul 07, 2010, 06:30 AM
nope metronidazole is perscription only so no animal treatment containing it is allowed for sale in australia (thecnicly speeking)

m.ingram
Wed Jul 07, 2010, 08:11 AM
I got the azoo products on ebay .The company are based in the US .
Here is a link to there store
Hope it works as i have never posted a link to a website before.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/AquaTech-Solution-Aquarium-Supplies__W0QQ_sidZ137859224QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2 em14?_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=3