PDA

View Full Version : urgent help plz

atif
Sat Jun 26, 2010, 08:32 AM
i was treating my discus with prazi second day i notice there colour is very black .I check my water 6.4 ph - nitrate 0.5 - nitrite - 1.0 ammonia 0 temp 30 deg .Then i do large water change now 6.4 ph - nitrate 0 - nitrite - 0 ammonia 0 temp 30 deg but they are swimming very fast even one jump out and one fish has half black face :oops: .Good thing is all of them eating

Mr Wild
Sat Jun 26, 2010, 10:23 AM
Your bio filter has taken a big knock and is not functioning by the look of those params.

Cease all treatments, water change 30% daily, add prime to arrest the ammonia and a little salt to help the fish along.

Do you know the dosages?

atif
Sun Jun 27, 2010, 01:39 AM
1 teaspoons per 40litres .If i use Seachem CupriSorb and Purigen do they can bring nitrate down .Also i am going to use Stability with stress guard.But my worry is do cuprisorb and purigen clean black water extract too or and orther medication we use?

m.ingram
Sun Jun 27, 2010, 02:21 AM
When i have questions about seachem products and how they affect things i use the seachem forum .You go to www.seachem.com . They are really helpful and quick to get back to you.
Just another option.

Mr Wild
Sun Jun 27, 2010, 03:49 AM
1 teaspoons per 40litres .If i use Seachem CupriSorb and Purigen do they can bring nitrate down .Also i am going to use Stability with stress guard.But my worry is do cuprisorb and purigen clean black water extract too or and orther medication we use?

Yes thats right.

go to seachem forum for the other as I do not use it.

atif
Mon Jul 05, 2010, 07:16 AM
After two weeks now 6.40ph - nitrate 0 - nitrite - 0 ammonia 1.0 temp 30 deg.Some of fish stop eating i add Seachem HyperSorb and purigen but stell ammonia is high and i try to put ph up to 6.4 by increasing Kh .After few hours it come back to 6 again.One beatiful bronw discus is dead :oops: .Plz help me :( :(

ILLUSN
Mon Jul 05, 2010, 12:01 PM
STEP UP THE WATER CHANGES TILL YOUR FILTER RECOVERS.

do a 90% change to drop your ammonia to 0.1 if you have enough aged heated water do a second 50% change to get your ammonia down to 0.05.

you will need to do this every day for atleast the next month so it might be worth investing in a good sized water barrel.

stop feeding feed only ever 2nd day till you start to read no3 then move to ONCE A DAY, if not the food will bump the ammonia up and kill them.

keep your ph low low ph makes ammonia less toxic you ph of 6.0 is keeping your fish alive my discusbred best 4.5-5.0 so 6 wont hurt them.

add salt to the water at 1 tsp/ 20L when you start reading no2 up the dose to 1tsp/10L salt will stop NO2 poisoining