PDA

View Full Version : welcome back ..

steph
Sun Jun 20, 2010, 11:12 AM
how was the holiday hassles.. hope you had a good time

good to see you catching up on all the readin - i hope your fish behaved themsleves while you were o/s

cheers

steph

Hassles
Mon Jun 21, 2010, 11:32 AM
G'day Steph

thank you for your kind words.

My fish, under the dutiful care of my nephew, did pretty good. No breeding and only 4 confirmed losses. I lost my male agassizi (fire-red) which was a disappointment. My male nijsseni is also gone and I lost 2 juruensis. I also suspect my female hippolytae may be gone but she has always be so reclusive I seldomly see her so this is unconfirmed.

All tanks look good and fish happy enough. The only real issue was a major algae outbreak in my planted tank. The red tiger lotus has gone berserk with leaves the size of my hand and just bending to the surface (450mm above the substrate). All the Discus in here appear happy enough even though they managed to 'break' the heater. The water temp fell to 19 before my nephew installed a new heater. I have since installed a 2nd and they're all enjoying the warmer weather, er, um, water :wink:

I did water changes to all tanks upon arrival so I new where I was at. I shall check water parameters tomorrow and make any necessary alterations then.

OH, the A.abacaxis are looking good so....what days can't you get to the airport ?

take care

steph
Tue Jun 22, 2010, 01:02 AM
Pm sent..

Thanks..

Steph

Hassles
Tue Jun 22, 2010, 09:56 AM
Well the big news is...having noticed since my return from abroad the male A.pullcapaensis in warrior mode I suspected something may be taking place. Here today June 22 A.pullcapaensis fry emerge.

PH 6.6
KH <10mgL
GH 40mgL / 2.24 Dgh
Temp: 24.5 degrees

gravel substrate, rocks (the spawning site), driftwood & floating plants - pencilfish as dithers. hmm, I wonder how I can take the credit for this instead of my fish-keeper nephew :roll: