PDA

View Full Version : PH Shock.. Please help

Tracey73
Sun Jun 20, 2010, 09:06 AM
Hi Everyone

Hoping someone can please help me out!
I had a PH crash in my tank Thursday morning and unfortunately one of my Discus has been severly affected by it.

I found one of my Discus lying on the bottom of the tank so I set him up in a hospital tank and very gradually raised the Ph over a period of 24 hours. I have kept the hospital tank dark and have done water changes every day from aged water.

He is still laying on the bottom of the tank, he is moving around and constantly moving his fins but he just hovers side on around the bottom :cry: I can not bare to see him like this & would really like someone to guide me as to the best course of action I can take.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I am devastated and have no one else that can give me advice :(

ILLUSN
Sun Jun 20, 2010, 11:14 AM
your doing the best you can, try dim light, like a desk lamp next to his tank for a few hours a day just so he gets use to day and night again, keep the water quality good, only offer him very small feeds once a day untill he's eating propperly.

Tracey73
Sun Jun 27, 2010, 07:33 AM
thanks Jothy .. he made it! came home from work one night last week and he was up & eating :D his fins are a bit shredded but other than that he is doing well.