PDA

View Full Version : More Fry !

Apistoguy
Fri Jun 18, 2010, 08:31 AM
Hi all

Just got back from Mackay this morning after spending 5 days there visiting family and friends and Im pleased to find 3 tanks full of fry. My A.Pebas have a healthy size brood, maybe 40+. Also both of my A.Hongsloi females have a huge brood of fry, and my A. Nijsseni seem too have spawned. Hope too get some pics up over the w/e of both fry and parents.

cheers Wayne

swampy1972
Fri Jun 18, 2010, 08:39 AM
Nice one Wayne!

I can't wait to see the pics and still hoping to get some Apisto's from you later in the year when I get home. I look forward to watching their progress.

Swampy ;)

Roxanne
Sat Jun 19, 2010, 10:15 PM
That was quick lol...Lookin forward to pics of the Nijsseni Fry.... :D

TW
Thu Jun 24, 2010, 02:15 AM
Exciting stuff! How are the fry going?

Apistoguy
Fri Jun 25, 2010, 05:14 AM
Hi all

Just a quick update on the fry...

The Cacs are doing great , around 1.5cm at 8 weeks of age.
The Opal Borelli fry are around 0.7mm at 5 weeks of age. (3rd spawn)
The 1st batch of Borelli fry are now 21 weeks old and the 2nd batch of Borelli fry 12 weeks old, although numbers are very low.
The Hongsloi and Pebas now have that real fish shape and are growing well , good numbers too.
Nothing has emerged from the Nijsseni tank as yet, but all indications are there will be some soon.

cheers Wayne

swampy1972
Fri Jun 25, 2010, 05:47 AM
Great news Wayne.

You must be getting sick of being so successful with these little guys :P

Are the Opal Borelli fry from that awesome male I believe you posted a pic of a while ago? If so, consider me on the waiting list ;)

Swampy

Apistoguy
Fri Jun 25, 2010, 09:10 AM
Great news Wayne.

You must be getting sick of being so successful with these little guys :P

Are the Opal Borelli fry from that awesome male I believe you posted a pic of a while ago? If so, consider me on the waiting list ;)

Swampy

Hi Swampy

It is great news!

Success wasnt easy when I took this hobby on, but Im glad I have and will continue to do so :D

All the Borelli fry are from that awesome male I posted some pics of a while back and he is getting so much nicer with age.

Will let you know how they come along over time and I can keep a pair for you if all goes well and the timing is right for you.

Cheers Wayne

swampy1972
Fri Jun 25, 2010, 01:46 PM
Awesome Wayne. I really appreciate it :wink:

If the Mrs finds out I've been out near the Blue Mountains without doing a B 'n B weekend I'll be shot. It may call for a cunning plan :idea:

All the best.

Roxanne
Sat Jun 26, 2010, 12:52 AM
:lol: ...hmmm...sounds like you need a copy of my first book:"How to fool your spouse into thinking you don't have as many tanks and fish as they think you do..." and my follow up book,"How to BS effectively about how much dollars you spend on fishy stuff..."

Hassles
Sat Jun 26, 2010, 08:02 AM
I was told (in no uncertain terms) "one more tank and its divorce". So...I replaced all my tanks with bigger tanks :wink: Ah, my partner is a great gal really, she just prays I don't start brewin' beer heh heh heh

Roxanne
Fri Jul 09, 2010, 12:33 PM
"one more tank and its divorce". So...I replaced all my tanks with bigger tanks :wink: ..

Oh that's good...that's very good ....getting off on a technicality...can I use that one in my next book?... :twisted:......actually, the book is useless if the spouse gets a hold of it and divorce would be the least of our troubles if they get out the calculator and start adding up the bs :shock:

I'm currently preparing my own defence lol :book

Hassles
Sun Jul 11, 2010, 07:33 PM
"one more tank and its divorce". So...I replaced all my tanks with bigger tanks :wink: ..

Oh that's good...that's very good ....getting off on a technicality...can I use that one in my next book?... :twisted:......actually, the book is useless if the spouse gets a hold of it and divorce would be the least of our troubles if they get out the calculator and start adding up the bs :shock:

I'm currently preparing my own defence lol :book

Roxanne, I don't have copyright on devious :-)

steph
Mon Jul 12, 2010, 04:19 AM
devious = agreeing to spouses idea of moving house so one can obtain a bigger fishroom *shhhhh* (not just house the other side of the harbour!!!!)

Roxanne
Fri Sep 10, 2010, 11:51 PM
:lol: devious = trolling the forum for good bs to use/modify for one's own selfish gain :cheers