PDA

View Full Version : Complete discus setup for sale

rwel4809
Thu Jun 17, 2010, 03:32 AM
Regretably I have to sell my discus set up, along with another small tank, as I will be travelling quite a bit in the next few years and will be unable to care for them.

Set up includes everything that you would need for discus keeping, even 3 beautiful adult discus!

I have been running the tank down for sometime, putting off the inevitable, and as a result there are only a few fish left.

1x Rose Red, approx 5"
1x GLSS, approx 5"
The Rose Red and GLSS are a pair and have laid eggs in the past.

1x Pigeon Blood, approx 5" (a beautiful fish, but has some peppering and a slight gill deformity, otherwise healthy)

1x rummy nose tetra - the last of his clan :(

Main Tank:

custom made 100 x 50 x 61cm (300l) tank (back painted light blue)
custom made solid wood stand with light wood stain - very contemporary looking.
double 35" T5 reflector
Eheim 2217 canister filter
Jager 200 watt heater
pool filter sand
a small selection of plants, mainly swords
driftwood - two large pieces of mangrove root.

Beneath the cabinet there is also a 24" quaranteen tank, with small heater, sponge filter and air pump.

I will also throw in my 75litre water change barrel, that comes with a heater and a water pump for easy water changes.

I will also throw in about 3 months supply of homemade beefheart mix and loads of other extras.

I am only asking $1,250.00 for this setup including the discus - It cost me nearly three times that to get all this stuff together - the fish and driftwood alone would cost about $800 from an lfs!!

You would have to arrange your own transport

small tank

currently house two small goldfish, but would be perfect for a breeding pair of discus.

24" glass tank with back painted light blue
Eheim2215 canister filter
24" double T5 reflector.
50watt heater.
airpump
gravel

I am asking $350.00 for this setup - quite cheap considering the filter alone costs the best part of $200.00!

I am happy to give the two goldfish to a good home - they will come supplied with heaps of homemade frozen gel food!

pics to follow

rwel4809
Sun Jun 20, 2010, 08:52 PM
I'm still having trouble uploading pics after the site crash last week.

Anyone who might be interested can PM me their email address and I can send the pics of the set up and fish to them.

chikku
Mon Jun 21, 2010, 08:10 AM
i'l take the 2217 if your willing to split

rwel4809
Mon Jun 21, 2010, 09:35 PM
Hi Chikku,

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if I decide to split it up.

R.