PDA

View Full Version : Is this Discus stunted in growth?

Rossco
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 12:05 AM
Hi gang.

I have gotten 6 young Discus 2 weeks ago ( 2/12 inch in size)
5 of the 6 Discus are same size,1 Discus is about 1/12 cm bigger than the rest.

That 1 bigger discus is a blue diamond and i have noticed that he has larger eyes that all the other 5 discus i have and......eeekk i just noticed his poo yesterday was very very very thick,are these indicators that the 1 larger blue diamond is stunted?

The other 5 discus i have there poo is thin strands campared to the 1 slighty larger Blue diamond.

I am worried as i dont want a stunted duscus,if you all think that he is stunted plz post and let me know,i will go trade him later today for another Discus.
Thankyou kindly for any advice.

Oh the 6 discus i have are 3 cobalt blue,1 red turq,1 pidgeon blood,and 1 blue diamond that i am starting to think is stunted,still in shock with regaurds to his poo,its very thick compared to the other discus.

goldenpigeon
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 12:57 AM
in my experience discus dont always grow at the same rate as they grow a bit in hight then they grow a bit in lenght and eventually by the time they are adults are quite round.

ur blue diamond may be a male as the males grow faster that females. it may be older than the rest, u can usually tell if a discus is older by the size of its eyes.

if the eyes dont look to out of proportion i wouldnt worry.

i havnt come across the poo issue before really. it may just be what the discus are being fed.

see if u can get a picture of it online.

David

leanne31
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 01:25 AM
Hi rossco it doesnt matter really how thick or thin the poo is its the colour that matters, white poo you may have a problem if its brown thats good. Leanne

dreamer
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 01:38 AM
blue diamond is known for easier to get blockage...so go easy on him and vary his diet ..

Rossco
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 02:00 AM
hmmm i need help with posting pics of my discus,all my discus pics are in jpg format but they are about 1meg,cant seem to upload to attach as the image is to large,bleh.

How do you guys get you pics lower than 128kb ?

sunshinediscus
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 02:47 AM
Don't worry about the thick poo from the bd, that is usual for them.

Rossco
Sat Feb 26, 2005, 03:02 AM
Thx for all the info,i will hang onto the Blue diamond,its a beaty.

Guess i will find out in 1 month time if its stunted,if all the others grow and the bd does not then i will do a trade in.

I do feed em well, frozen bloodworms,frozen bine shrimp,frozen dicus dinner,flake food and tetra color bits.

Still wish i could post a pic of em all,cant figure out how to lower my pic sizes from 1 meg to under 128kb sigh. :oops:

Maybe set the resolution lower on my dig cam? 3.2mp i am taking my pics at.

Aurora
Sun Feb 27, 2005, 03:54 AM
Heres what I do.

I open the pic from the digital camera in MS Paint, then I stretch/skew the pic to 40% of the original size, then I re-save it as a jpg and the max size of most pics will be about 80kb.

Hope that helps :)

Rossco
Sun Feb 27, 2005, 04:32 AM
Thanks heaps for that info!!!
You have been very helpful.

Rossco
Sun Feb 27, 2005, 04:34 AM
That BD is the one i am worried might be stunted.
I AM HAPPY!!
I can post pics of my lil Discus.