PDA

View Full Version : I miss Discus

AHC
Tue May 25, 2010, 12:16 AM
Its been about a month now in my new place and a little over since I had sold off all my discus. I didn't realise how much id miss keeping them. :cry:. I mean i knew i would, just not the amount of thought i have been thunking about a nice tank.

I didn't have an attachment to them like you do a dog, it was different, more of an interest/escape. They were fun.

Hopefully ski trips will get me through winter.

BigDaddyAdo
Tue May 25, 2010, 12:50 AM
I hate to state the obvious but wouldnt buying some new Discus solve this problem? ;)

AHC
Tue May 25, 2010, 01:02 AM
And state the obvious you did. :)

But to do this, id have to haul the tanks/equipment out of storage - the reason why I did not move them was due to the inconvienience of hauling/damaging them again. Which these days is happening a lot. So they are in storage until I settle into the one place again.

swampy1972
Thu May 27, 2010, 02:23 AM
I'm hearing you mate..

I've been away from mine for ages now. A mate's keeping them for me, and now they've all spawned!!

I get to see them by emailed pics when he gets the time. :(

You'll be in a position sooner or later when it's the right time to come back to them. When you do we'll be waiting to cheer you on.

Best of luck mate.

Swampy ;)

AHC
Wed Jun 02, 2010, 03:56 AM
Cheers mate.

aequifasciatus
Wed Jul 07, 2010, 01:01 PM
Just imagine how I feel after being away from them for nearly ten years!
From being a professional breeder/importer to a dead stop in one month just after 911.

I'd really love to get back into it again.

Aequifasciatus

Mr Wild
Wed Jul 07, 2010, 01:38 PM
Ahh
Buy a 4ft second hand tank and go for it! Sand abit of driftwood and afew discus what could be easier!

aequifasciatus
Thu Jul 08, 2010, 11:16 PM
Nah Kath... I'm past the show tank stage.

12 Coari greens and an 8 foot bare tank. I just want to see the fish not the furniture. Rare fish. Very hard to get without spending a fortune and guaranteeing the source. I'd only buy them from Hudson in Brazil but I'd need to have Rod Lewis bring them in for me via asia or USA

Maybe one day soon :D :D :D

Aequifasciatus

AHC
Wed Jul 14, 2010, 10:38 PM
Nice! :D

Mr Wild
Thu Jul 15, 2010, 12:35 AM
Nah Kath... I'm past the show tank stage.

12 Coari greens and an 8 foot bare tank. I just want to see the fish not the furniture. Rare fish. Very hard to get without spending a fortune and guaranteeing the source. I'd only buy them from Hudson in Brazil but I'd need to have Rod Lewis bring them in for me via asia or USA

Maybe one day soon :D :D :D

Aequifasciatus

Actually I was posting that to AHC. But your dream tank sounds pretty darn NICE.............