PDA

View Full Version : Calcium Chloride

Mr Wild
Tue May 18, 2010, 01:16 AM
Can anyone tell me where I can buy a pure form of Calcium Chloride?

Mr Wild
Tue May 18, 2010, 01:58 AM
Found this online, would it be ok to use in a freshwater setup?

http://www.thereefshop.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=1083

Tommo
Sun Aug 01, 2010, 07:56 AM
a little late for the reply

But try ace chemicals they are pretty good :)

http://www.acechem.com.au/products.html

Mr Wild
Sun Aug 01, 2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks, but already found something.

Tommo
Mon Aug 23, 2010, 08:08 AM
A little late again , but can i ask why&what are you using it for ?

cheers

Andrew

Mr Wild
Mon Aug 23, 2010, 11:58 AM
Hi Andrew

Well I was getting bent tails in my sterbai fry and wondered if it was calcium deficiency. I have very very soft rain water with no minerals or trace elements and of course I have been using several things like Kent RO Right, Discus Essentials, Aquasonic Tropical Salts - not all together!

So thought I would add some Ca to the water for added protection, bought the product but still have not used it, currently trying Tropic Marin.

ILLUSN
Mon Aug 23, 2010, 12:36 PM
You don't need much calcium to make a difference try using crushed coral or shells with soft acidic rain water you'll get a slow leach of calcium carbonate into the water this will have the added benigit of reducing the risk of a ph crash and giving you a little more kh calcium chloride will only increase your Tds

Mr Wild
Tue Aug 24, 2010, 01:14 AM
Thanks Jothy!

Can do. Hey that silver pair you sold me are prolific breeders they spawned on 27/7 then 12/8 then again last night and all fry are alive. The Zebs have 1 spawn they are caring for and my GBR spawned - they are content swimming around with bubs in tow looks great!

ILLUSN
Tue Aug 24, 2010, 02:07 AM
No worries Kath, as I told you with those fish that you got off me expect to produce atleast 1000 angels every 2 months.

keep an eye on the albinos when they get up to size I'll buy a few back off you :)

Tommo
Tue Aug 24, 2010, 06:02 AM
Thanks for explaining that Kath , i thought it was for plants , as i was going to sugest calcium nitrate :) "as it works better ;)"

Cheers

Andrew

Mr Wild
Tue Aug 24, 2010, 02:28 PM
No worries Jothy!

Cheers

AS28
Sun Dec 18, 2011, 08:16 AM
Pool shops sell it ( I am a pool tech) as Hardness raiser.