PDA

View Full Version : Medications

dinodiscus
Sun May 16, 2010, 04:03 AM
Hi
I just purchased three medications for my discus. They are not sick right now but I am planning to perform preventative treatment. I have: Metronidazole, Praziquantril, and Dewormer. How do I apply this medications so as not to over medicate my babies? Is this three medications really nescessary for them? I have a 55-gallon aquarium with one dozen of 3-inch discus.
Thank you very much

Dinodiscus
Texas

m.ingram
Sun May 16, 2010, 07:12 AM
If there not sick or showing any signs of being sick their is no reason to treat them.

swampy1972
Sun May 16, 2010, 09:28 AM
I agree with m.ingram. Treating unecessarily can create a resistance to the meds when you need them most.
Do you take panadol just in case you might get a headache? :)

dinodiscus
Sun May 16, 2010, 11:14 AM
I was meaning to ask which of this medications is safe to use as preventative. I have Prazi, Dewormer and Metro. I know Metro is out of the question. Can I safely use Prazi and the Dewormer together as preventative measure? And how often?
Thank you for the replies.

:)

Hollowman
Sun May 16, 2010, 12:50 PM
Like already has been said, ONLY medicate if you see that your fish need it. Why do you think they need medicating right now ?

dinodiscus
Mon May 17, 2010, 07:57 AM
I read from one of the threads about the "every 6 months deworming". Or was it needed only when you have worms and not as a routine treatment?
Thanks again.