View Full Version : Melbourne Discus seller

Dr K
Sat May 15, 2010, 08:31 AM
Hi Guys,

i am new to this forum, i have kept Discus before back in Malaysia ages ago when i was much younger, but recently this interest is coming back again. I'm in Melbourne, where are the good source to source for Discus here in Melbourne?

Thanks

Kevin

Tommo
Mon May 17, 2010, 04:34 AM
Hey Dr k

Welcome to the forum :)
Good to have you here :)

I think ILLUSN or Merrilyn, or anyone else but me could answer that.

Rear Admiral
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 02:57 AM
Hi there. Sorry to necro an old topic. I'll caveat this by saying that I'm not an expert.

OAFI on Warrigal Rd in Oakleigh keeps some very nice discus and when I'm DTF I'll probably buy them from him.

Rayonne aquarium on Plenty Rd, Reservoir might also be worth a look.

I've had my best experiences with these 2 businesses at least when I was playing with the African cichlids.

swampy1972
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 04:16 AM
Use one of the forum sponsors

http://www.discusforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22827

rex82
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 07:27 AM
Hit Rod Lewis up aka fishmania, he is located in brisbane but by far the best fish in oz IMHO

ILLUSN
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 08:59 AM

Unfortunately the forum currently has no sponsors.

both Ravi at finland and Adrian at Exotic aquatic have some nice stock but oyu'll have to ask other melbournites as to ther stores.

Ghoti
Sun Aug 07, 2011, 09:12 AM

Unfortunately the forum currently has no sponsors.

both Ravi at finland and Adrian at Exotic aquatic have some nice stock but oyu'll have to ask other melbournites as to ther stores.

Mak at OAFI has good fish at great prices, and 100s (1000s???) at around 7-10cm.

But if you are after great fish at great prices, then Adrian at Exotic Aquatic is the go. His range is not as extensive, nor does he have the numbers of OAFI, but every fish in his shop is A++++ and he also has quite a number of 15cm+ fish that I dream about.

Cheers,
Scott

m.ingram
Mon Aug 08, 2011, 12:32 AM
If your after Quality go and see Adrian At Exotic Aquatic you wont be dissapointed with the quality of his fish .

Exotic Aquatic
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 04:19 AM
WOW! Thank you all so much for your compliments!!! In appeciation EA will extend our sale for one more week, and offer local Melbourne DF members 10% off all our livestock- no minimum purchases!! We will also offer you 10% off all drystock store wide for purchases over $100, and 15% off livestock over $500!!

While I'm at it, Curipera 2 for $735 ($367.50 each!!) massive reduction to clear stocks!

Large wild x any strain from the tank, including mystique red cover x, SS x, wild blue x, for $195!!!

Again thank you all so much for your support, we will continue to do our best to help grow the hobby with new and exciting blood lines.

Kindest regards,
Ea

lpiasente
Tue Aug 09, 2011, 09:58 AM
Agree Rod Lewis does have great fish, I have 3 very nice fish of his. I also have fish from Oakleigh Aquarium and Exotic Aquaria. If you are buying from Rod you will need to add the cost of freighting them down from Queensland. I go to mac at Oakleigh Aquarium ALL the time. He does have very nice fish and good prices but you can and will get sold stunted discus at full prices if you donlt know what you are looking for.If you want something different then Adrian at Exotic Aquaria is the place to go. My brother has the most STUNNING FISH from him. I got a Mandarin passion on the weekend from Adrian and she is a knockout. My suggestion is go and have a look at both these stores they are quite close to eachother and get on Rod Lewis website. Happy shopping I wish I was looking for a tank full of new discus

ILLUSN
Wed Aug 10, 2011, 08:06 AM
Posts removed please keep things civil gentleman

Proteus
Wed Aug 10, 2011, 08:30 AM
Trying to subvert the word editor and swearing will not get you anywhere.

This website is open to all ages, so please keep that in mind before giving Idaho a bad wrap.

(oh, and keep things positive... if you dont agree with something, keep to the facts and dont attack other members over opinions etc)

thx

Nev
Wed Aug 10, 2011, 11:33 AM
Hooray the cavelry's here!

This post started 2 years ago, if the guy hasn't bought his fish yet, l don't think he's still waiting for an answer

lpiasente
Wed Aug 10, 2011, 08:57 PM
Hahaha I am laughing my head off. You are right this was an old post. I didn't even look at the date. Hope he hasn't been waiting for a reply for all that time :)

Proteus
Wed Aug 10, 2011, 09:02 PM
Some people can be very patient... 2 years though.... maybe not... lol

Newbreed
Thu Aug 11, 2011, 08:19 AM
Cannot believe the post is that old.....

brilliant..

I never realised...

I think all importers of Discus into our country are wonderful.

Thanks to you all.

HUN
Fri Sep 02, 2011, 04:52 PM
Hi ! Kevin
Have you found any yet ? what stains you looking at ? 9 colour? haha
come back to the forum ,
Saya boleh tolong cari.