PDA

View Full Version : Having to clean glass all the time??

axl
Mon May 10, 2010, 09:59 AM
Hi,
I have currently got a planted discus tank with 2.15wpg and Co2, ph is 6.8 and kh is 6, roughly 29- 30 ppm of co2. My problem is every week i get this white/light green dotty stuff over the front and sides of the tank and have to scrape it off with a paint remover. It appears in patches and want to know how to cure it. Is it algea??? I think it must be a form of spot algea i reckon. Its getting harder to remove all the time
Any idears ???

Cheers Axl

junosama
Fri Jun 25, 2010, 03:47 PM
Sounds like algea, but I could be wrong. Is your tank getting a lot of natural sunlight from a window or something? Also how often do you leave the tank light on?

Love Discus
Mon Aug 02, 2010, 10:04 AM
are you talking about the outside of the tank? I had a week where somthing just like what you described was growing in what looked like little coloneys on the outside of my tank. at first I didnt thing it was anything live. I didnt know what it was, untill I pulled the blind and cut the natural lighting. problem gone. whatever it was it was growing on the outside of the tank... :?

boxters
Mon Aug 02, 2010, 11:47 AM
First thing check your phosphate levels, so you may need to get a test kit for that. Then get back to me with a reading. Phosphates are in everything we feed our fish, including in our tap water and they are fertilizer for algae. We need to check this first

goodoo
Tue Sep 07, 2010, 01:53 AM
more water cahnges. atleast 50 % once a week maybe you do more or less ?