PDA

View Full Version : Sign of good health

BigDaddyAdo
Sun May 09, 2010, 06:27 AM
Is weekly spawning a sign of good health?

Or to put it another way, if a discus was getting sick would it still spawn?

Pheonix
Sun May 09, 2010, 06:30 AM
Probably not, reproduction expends alot of energy.

Mr Wild
Sun May 09, 2010, 07:17 AM
Oh weekly wow!

ILLUSN
Sun May 09, 2010, 07:18 AM
sick fish wont spawn :)

BigDaddyAdo
Sun May 09, 2010, 08:00 AM
I bought a female to go with my male on the last public holiday. They spawned the next Sunday and have spawned again today.

:)

Tommo
Sun May 09, 2010, 11:02 AM
I bought a female to go with my male on the last public holiday. They spawned the next Sunday and have spawned again today.

:)

Got any pics there ? It would be great to see them :)

Cheers

Andrew

BigDaddyAdo
Fri May 28, 2010, 02:17 AM
They have spawned again, only 5 days since their last spawn.

swampy1972
Fri May 28, 2010, 07:50 AM
They're obviously happy with their conditions. My only concern would be that the pair (especially the female) are getting enough food. Mine tend to reduce their intake when spawning. That will eventually cost them condition.

BigDaddyAdo
Fri May 28, 2010, 10:04 AM
They're obviously happy with their conditions. My only concern would be that the pair (especially the female) are getting enough food. Mine tend to reduce their intake when spawning. That will eventually cost them condition.

That was my concern too. She still eats well and i now have her eating out of my hand too which makes it easier to monitor her food intake a bit.

swampy1972
Fri May 28, 2010, 11:44 AM
That sounds very positive.

She certainly looks in good cond' in your other post. I guess if you notice her starting to thin out, lose colour or starting to become lethargic then you know it's time to intervine.

Good luck with them. I hope they produce fry for you soon. ;)