PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Cichlid with Discus?

John H
Sat Apr 24, 2010, 12:03 AM
Hi all Dwarf Cichlid people

I love these little guys(dwarf cichlids)

What can sucessfully be kept with discus

Regards

PS

Is there a forum site for Dwarf Cichlids

Hassles
Sat Apr 24, 2010, 03:01 AM
Hi all Dwarf Cichlid people

I love these little guys(dwarf cichlids)

What can sucessfully be kept with discus

Regards

PS

Is there a forum site for Dwarf Cichlids

Firstly you need to realise that Discus are kept at higher temperatures than Apistogramma. You need to ensure that any apistogramma you wish to keep with your discus are capable of enduring these higher temperatures. The water parameters are anther aspect that needs to be considered. Some Apistogramma will tolerate the higher temperatures better than others so do some research.

I keep some apistos with Discus but I maintain a 28 degree temperature while many other discus keepers maintain their tanks at 30 to 32 degrees.

Check-Out www.apistogramma.com

take care

Robdog
Sat Apr 24, 2010, 09:37 AM
Some Apistogramma will tolerate the higher temperatures better than others so do some research.

:? I think this is his research Hassles :?

swampy1972
Mon Apr 26, 2010, 01:11 PM
I posed this question not too long ago and in a nut shell, work out which fish is your priority.
Discus can be kept in a display tank at a minimum of 28C although do better at higher temps. My bare bottom tanks are kept at 30-31C.
You'll be keeping both fish at the extremes of their normal range so run the extra risk associated with this - shortened life expectancy, disease etc.
Take Hassles advise and choose carefully after you consider which species is the main one for you..
Best of luck and keep us updated.

Robdog
Mon Apr 26, 2010, 02:50 PM
:scratch